Pain in right thigh when driving - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Pain in right thigh when driving

Hey guys,
I'm not sure what's causing this pain, but the driver seat creates sore muscle pain in my right thigh. I tried readjusting the seat in hopes that the pain would go away, but I can't seem to mitigate this discomfort. I've driven many vehicles in my life and I can honestly say my Pacifica is the only vehicle that's given me such pain. Has anyone else experienced the like discomfort?
mark likes this.

2017 Pacifica Limited
Vehicle build date: AUG 2017
Vehicle purchase date: APR 2018
Bright White Clear Coat Exterior
Black/Diesel Leather Interior
Uconnect® Theater Package with 8.4 NAV
Advanced SafetyTec Group
8-Passenger Seating & 20-Inch Wheel Group (sunroof delete)
KeySense
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc4life View Post
Hey guys,
I'm not sure what's causing this pain, but the driver seat creates sore muscle pain in my right thigh. I tried readjusting the seat in hopes that the pain would go away, but I can't seem to mitigate this discomfort. I've driven many vehicles in my life and I can honestly say my Pacifica is the only vehicle that's given me such pain. Has anyone else experienced the like discomfort?
Some of us who are used to softer leather seats may find Pacifica's seats are little too hard especially in the beginning. The seats on Pacifica limited trim are Nappa leather and they should be soften up with more use. Unlike my 15 Subaru limited, the leather seats just stay tough and painful after 3 years of driving.

Also you may want to tilt down the thigh support to it's lowest position to reduce the pressure the seats exerting to your thigh. Just push and hold down the front tip of the power seat lever until your thigh support gets to it's lowest positon. I know this sucks but I beleive this will help relieve some pain. Otherwise, a seating pad or cuhsiion will help.

For seating qaulity, I still missed my Town and Country limited indeed as it's Nappa seats were super comfortable from day 1 to the last day I owned it.

Good luck.

Last edited by Christogo; 06-12-2018 at 11:23 PM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 11:05 PM

Garage
The Touring Plus seats are nice comfortable CLOTH. In Florida the only thing leather does is burn bare legs!
Bond007 and mark like this.

2018 Pacifica Touring Plus "S" 20" wheels.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettP View Post
Me too. In all my previous cars the console between the front seats was continuous all the way to the dash and I have always rested my right knee/leg against it.
No, My Sienna was the same way in that respect.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 12:17 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc4life View Post
Hey guys,
I'm glad I'm not the only one who experienced that! It was sometimes very uncomfortable on long trips. I really prefer cloth seats.
froglips likes this.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 12:05 AM

If you carry your wallet in your pants pocket sometimes this can cause you so sit at a different angle that could cause this. Doctors will tell you not to sit on your wallet for long periods.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 08:55 AM

I get this whenever I drive after my wife does, she lifts the seat up like a trucker chair and hugs the steering wheel like it's a flotation device on the Titanic.

The easy solution is find the position you like and lower the whole seat until that position starts to collapse the seat bottom back to flat (bottomed out). The tilt of the chair back has also affected this for me, too much lean and your legs feel like they're holding you up, too little and you're pinching nerves between your torso and leg.

As for this being a Pacifica problem, it's not. It's really a size problem, if you're fat, or built, let's just say larger than normal, your body causes pinch points with itself, my weight fluctuates from 200-230 and this is more of a problem at 230 for me.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 10:02 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMcD View Post
As for this being a Pacifica problem, it's not.
I agree with this. This is a personal fit issue, in my opinion. The Mazda CX-9 I drove before the Pacifica was a great vehicle and very comfortable in most ways but the driver seat aggravated the sciatic nerve on my right leg fiercely! The only way I could bear driving was with heating on the seat year-round. I have zero issues like that with the Pacifica, fortunately for me. I also appreciate the stiffer leather, even though others don't. The Pacifica is, hands down, the most comfortable vehicle I've owned (for me), but it's probably not the case for everyone, depending on a series of variables.

Dog Sports Mobile Extraordinaire:
  • 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl with Black/Diesel Interior
  • Tire and Wheel Group (20" Wheels) / Advance SafetyTec Group / Uconnect Theater Package / KeySense
  • Built May 2017, In service Sep 2017
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
I agree with this. This is a personal fit issue, in my opinion. The Mazda CX-9 I drove before the Pacifica was a great vehicle and very comfortable in most ways but the driver seat aggravated the sciatic nerve on my right leg fiercely! The only way I could bear driving was with heating on the seat year-round. I have zero issues like that with the Pacifica, fortunately for me. I also appreciate the stiffer leather, even though others don't. The Pacifica is, hands down, the most comfortable vehicle I've owned (for me), but it's probably not the case for everyone, depending on a series of variables.
I got really sick and was hospitalized for 2 weeks and developed sciatica, turns out it was caused by the anti-acid medicine they had me on, that pain is the most annoying pain I've ever had, not the worst, but it made basic walking difficult. The Nissan Rogue ('15+) has great seats too, they have "zero gravity seats", which when I bought it I was like suuuurrreee... sales gimmick, but long term, 70k miles later and still very supportive and comfortable for long trips with 4hr stints between stops, no pain. I think the Pacifica, is lacking in seat comfort in the stow-n-go seats but the first and 3rd rows are just as good as the competition. I teach skiing in the winter and people ask me all the time what's the best ski boot? and I always say the one that fits. I buy my cars mostly on 2 things: how the drivers setup is - the Pacifia dash is beautiful, the infotainment is the most responsive, the HVAC does a great job of maintaining a temperature, and "look back" - if you get out of your car and don't look back at it, it's because it's ugly. Lucky for me the Pacifica it #1 in both of these IMO.
Tia3 and Claudia like this.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 09:45 AM

Garage
I think that this is like an old saying in Spain: Opinions are like A$$es, everybody has one. I find Pacifica confortable even more than my ex Prius. My wife on the contrary find the Prius more confortable. I'm also looking for some kind of accessory or solution to make her ride more confortable.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced Safety Package is the way to Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

March 2018< 2018 Pacifica Touring L +
2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
Before 2008 - Hyundai Tucson, Sonata, Elantra, Mercury Mystique, Toyota Corolla.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in