Cannot change preset radio stations - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Cannot change preset radio stations

On my 2018 Pacifica, I am having difficulty keeping a pre-set station regardless of AM, FM, or Sirius. For example, let's say button 1 on AM is preset to 840 and I want to change it to 590. I hold the station down until the correct station appears in the first slot (just like you do with any car). Then after my van is turned off and restarted, the pre-set reverts back to the original 840. Sometimes it doesn't happen the very next time I start the car but the second or third time. So now I am having to constantly reset the station or retune as I drive. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 04:18 PM

make sure your not using the KEYSENSE fob.

If your using the reg FOB preset all radio stations and if you have memory seats preset it also, then try that.

My memory seat 1 and 2 have different radio setting for the wife.

If that does not work, try factory reset. Good luck
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 09:58 PM

I am dealing with the same issue since the day I bought my car in April 2018. Every couple days the presets change back to Classic Vinyl, Elvis, NASCAR, MLB, etc. The dealership has had my car for 3 weeks with no repair and no answers. Chrysler customer support is also NO help. Opened a case a month ago. My case manager never calls back. I am beyond frustrated. I think they are aware and have no fix so they are blowing me off. Iím over it. I want a new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankySwig View Post
On my 2018 Pacifica, I am having difficulty keeping a pre-set station regardless of AM, FM, or Sirius. For example, let's say button 1 on AM is preset to 840 and I want to change it to 590. I hold the station down until the correct station appears in the first slot (just like you do with any car). Then after my van is turned off and restarted, the pre-set reverts back to the original 840. Sometimes it doesn't happen the very next time I start the car but the second or third time. So now I am having to constantly reset the station or retune as I drive. Any ideas?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaFrosty View Post
I am dealing with the same issue since the day I bought my car in April 2018. Every couple days the presets change back to Classic Vinyl, Elvis, NASCAR, MLB, etc. The dealership has had my car for 3 weeks with no repair and no answers. Chrysler customer support is also NO help. Opened a case a month ago. My case manager never calls back. I am beyond frustrated. I think they are aware and have no fix so they are blowing me off. I’m over it. I want a new car.

To me that's a classic low battery error. Your battery is most likely good enough to pass their tests or a connection to the battery is bad, but not good enough for these Pacifica's. What you describe is exactly what happens every time you disconnect a battery for a period of time.

And what dealer keeps a car 3 weeks for a radio issue?

All they can do is try an update, if that doesn't fix it they should replace BOTH batteries(whether they test good or not) and then test the radio, if that doesn't fix it then replace the head unit as a matter of course.

If the new batteries and new Head unit don't fix this radio preset issue then there is a voltage drain coming from somewhere else because no way two head units are gong to have that same type of battery reset error.

They may already know this becasue finding voltage drains like this can be a headache to find, still without new batteries and new a new Uconnect I dont see how they can prove this, they may be wasting time.

All I know is the day I have any issues at all I am dropping in two new batteries before I even make an appointment with the dealer. Too many time we hear people needing batteries and techs taking weeks to determine that. The new battery fixes an issue and they don't even know why.

Why didn't you contact Chrysler Cares? Did you contact them?

And me I love my van, if the radio died I would never sell the van becasue of it, I would have a reason to tell my wife why I should drop in a 5000 watt top of the line after market stereo system. I would lose far too much trading in or selling my new van over a radio. My wife is the type to get rid of the whole van as a point, becasue it should work and would say Chrysler sucks. To me it's a radio and I love this van. Right or wrong I would take it upon myself to get it straightened out. I just googled Toyota and Honda mini van stereo issues and sure enough there are some form 2017 and 2018, so all vans and cars have some issues, as aggravating as it is.

I do hope you get it worked out, email Chrysler Cares and then talk to the dealer afterward, this sounds ridiculous to me. 3 weeks for a radio?

2018 Black S Limited EVERY OPTION available.

Last edited by dovetail65; 07-03-2018 at 12:56 AM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 03:39 PM

bumping this up. I just picked up a 2018 Pacifica Ltd and the radio doesn't hold presets either. I don't think it's a low power issue, because it won't keep the presets if I just turn the radio off and then back on. BUT, the ESS has never worked and always has the Battery is Charging message. Just take it back to the dealer?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint View Post
bumping this up. I just picked up a 2018 Pacifica Ltd and the radio doesn't hold presets either. I don't think it's a low power issue, because it won't keep the presets if I just turn the radio off and then back on. BUT, the ESS has never worked and always has the Battery is Charging message. Just take it back to the dealer?
Yup,

Classic bad ESS Battery.
Car likely sat on lot for a while.

2017 Touring Plus
Velvet Red
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 05:14 PM

Thanks for this helpful post. Just bought a 2018 Pacifica that has been on the lot since November 2017 (yep ... 11 months!) It also exhibits the failure to keep preset stations, AND the ESS is always "charging" and never ready. We are 1 hr 40 min from the dealership where we bought it , so that should have been plenty enough time to charge the ESS battery. Just called and scheduled an appointment with my local dealership to get it replaced.

I was also wondering about the primary battery in the Pacifica. I knew going into this purchase that sitting that long on the lot the battery may not perform as long and the lifespan is probably reduced. I saved over $11K off the MSRP, so figure if I have to drop $150 for a new battery in a shorter period of time, it's still a win for me. Since I was coming from such a distance I scheduled a time to come look at the van, and it surprised me when I got to the dealership they had it sitting by the front door, washed, and RUNNING! As soon as I saw that I figured they had to jump the thing and was running it to get the battery charged.

I talked to the salesman about the battery and he said the battery was covered for one year, which I was glad to hear, because I didn't expect the battery to be covered at all. I'm going to ask about the main battery replacement too, and see what they say. But just curious if anyone on this forum has any experience with this or if I should request both batteries (ESS and Main) be replaced at the same time.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 12:20 AM

I too am having the radio preset disappearing issue. Please keep us updated if a solution is found.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 09:44 AM

If you have a Limited with the memory seats and set those seats before you set the radio presets, the memory seat buttons will cause the presets to revert to where they were when you set the seats. Always get the presets to where you want them before setting the memory buttons. (WARNING: the previous sentences are too confusing to understand, but try anyway. )
AZBean and phillipr like this.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
If you have a Limited with the memory seats and set those seats before you set the radio presets, the memory seat buttons will cause the presets to revert to where they were when you set the seats. Always get the presets to where you want them before setting the memory buttons. (WARNING: the previous sentences are too confusing to understand, but try anyway. )
This is right on. Set your radio presets then re-save your seat memory presets after any change.

This is a great feature for cars with multiple drivers so that each can have their own radio *and* seat/mirror presets but can be confusing since radio and seat position arenít intuitively tied together.
If you associate your fobs with seat presets note that you can select a default so that if fobs for both seat presets are in the car at the same time, the car will know which seat positrons and radio presets to use.

Tags
radio problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page