Constant Beeping on Radio - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Constant Beeping on Radio

Hi,

Since this morning, my radio keeps beeping constantly when something is playing on it; I tried playing music from my phone and the beeping was there too. If I mute the radio the beeping goes away and there are no warning/alert signs on any of the screens.

Does any one have any idea what is happening?

I have a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited.

Regards,
Aydin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydin View Post
Hi,

Since this morning, my radio keeps beeping constantly when something is playing on it; I tried playing music from my phone and the beeping was there too. If I mute the radio the beeping goes away and there are no warning/alert signs on any of the screens.

Does any one have any idea what is happening?

I have a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited.

Regards,
Aydin
Do you mean it beeps when playing radio and when your phone is playing music through uconnect?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

No it is not. It does not have anything to do with my phone. The beep sound is basically the alert sound.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcoug View Post
Do you mean it beeps when playing radio and when your phone is playing music through uconnect?
Yes; The correct statement is: it beeps when playing radio or when my phone is playing music through uconnect.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 12:50 PM

I wonder if I experienced the same about a week ago. After starting the car, all radio stations I tuned in emitted some constant, high pitch sound. Changing inputs to e.g. USB stopped the sound temporarily, only to come back, when I switched back to radio. I tried to turn off/on the vehicle a few times to no avail. Ultimately and after the car was parked (and turned off) for a few hours, everything was back to normal.

(2018 Limited on latest F/W, without rear entertainment system)
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffles View Post
I wonder if I experienced the same about a week ago. After starting the car, all radio stations I tuned in emitted some constant, high pitch sound. Changing inputs to e.g. USB stopped the sound temporarily, only to come back, when I switched back to radio. I tried to turn off/on the vehicle a few times to no avail. Ultimately and after the car was parked (and turned off) for a few hours, everything was back to normal.

(2018 Limited on latest F/W, without rear entertainment system)
Yeah. That's exactly the same thing I am experiencing.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 02:51 PM

Might be code for : ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
froglips, Lily and phillipr like this.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 08:18 AM

Do you have favorites defined on your Uconnect? My system will beep constantly during football games. It should only beep for games starts, scoring alerts, etc but I think there is a bug causing it to beep constantly during the game. You would also see a visual notification top, left of screen when it beeps. I also have a 2018 Hybrid Limited.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Bright White
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 11:17 AM

Garage
I know that there is a beep when you get notified that a song you "Liked" is playing on SXM. You also get a small indicator on the screen that you can press.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all for the feedback. My issue like Waffles mentioned got solved when I turned on the car after a while.

Teksyc0m, jellodog: I will check out if I have marked anything as "liked." I am almost sure I have not done that; if that would be the issue, I should say it is the worst notification mechanism possible. BTW, I don't think I saw anything on the screen though.

Tags
beeping , radio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page