Owner's Manual Really Dumb Question - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 06:48 PM

Garage
I mentioned this long ago in a post but I still think it is a good idea. Ship every car with an "as built manual" on a memory stick. That way you do not have to wade through information about things that did not come with your van. That cannot not be that hard.
Longtimemopar and FlaMom like this.

among others:
1975 Plymouth Valiant
1989 Plymouth Voyager
2005 Chrysler T&C
as of 4/4/2018
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Red Velvet w/Advanced Safety and upgraded audio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltoppper View Post
I mentioned this long ago in a post but I still think it is a good idea. Ship every car with an "as built manual" on a memory stick. That way you do not have to wade through information about things that did not come with your van. That cannot not be that hard.
That's an excellent idea. Mine came with a 328 page “User Guide”. I also downloaded the digital version to my PC. The digital version is useful because you can search for something & find it quickly instead of using an inadequate index and flipping through 100’s of pages. I haven’t tried the version loaded into the Uconnect system.
Hilltoppper likes this.

2018 Limited
Copper Pearl Coat Ext.
Black/Deep Mocha Int.
Harmon Kardon Sound
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced Safety Tec
Uconnect Theater
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:

I’m confused. Isn’t that information already available in the manual accessible through Uconnect? Or may be I’m totally missing something here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 10:34 AM

Garage
It might be in UConnect but but my comment was to have the softcopy manual for my van EXACTLY reflect what is in my van. It would be a computer generated, custom manual with no mention of "if equipped". If there is a Pacifica option that is not available or included in my trim, it will not appear in the book. Pictures of the dash would be the dash I have.

This would be particularly nice for owners of lower trim levels in that they would not have to wade through irrelevant material. Also being slimmer, it might encourage owners to read it.
Bond007 and KiddyKatPerson like this.

among others:
1975 Plymouth Valiant
1989 Plymouth Voyager
2005 Chrysler T&C
as of 4/4/2018
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
It might be in UConnect but but my comment was to have the softcopy manual for my van EXACTLY reflect what is in my van. It would be a computer generated, custom manual with no mention of "if equipped". If there is a Pacifica option that is not available or included in my trim, it will not appear in the book. Pictures of the dash would be the dash I have.

This would be particularly nice for owners of lower trim levels in that they would not have to wade through irrelevant material. Also being slimmer, it might encourage owners to read it.

I see what you mean now. If they somehow integrate the build options of the van with user manual, it should not be difficult at all. With today’s technology and advances in software, why not? Does anyone know of any manufacturers who do it that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 01:25 PM

Garage
Yup, back in the day before retirement, we looked at doing customer proposals that way. So you start with a Touring L model or Limited base manual and just add modules based on options ordered. It could be tied to you VIN and then downloadable at a later date too.

Wonder how much they pay for the printed manuals now supplied for the van?

I like the soft copy too. Search function for words is my friend too.

among others:
1975 Plymouth Valiant
1989 Plymouth Voyager
2005 Chrysler T&C
as of 4/4/2018
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 12:25 AM

We purchased our 2018 Touring L as a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle in November 2018. It came with a hard copy of the User Guide/manual (about 330 pages), a Quick Reference Guide (pages aren't numbered, but guessing about 30 pages), pamphlets for SiriusXM, Uconnect, and roadside assistance, and a nice case. (see picture below)

2018_manuals.jpg

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 33K miles

Last edited by freddief73; 03-17-2019 at 12:29 AM.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 12:56 AM

My wife and I bought a 18 PacHy limited. I too was disappointed when a paper manual was not included. However, being automotive technician I have other resources for information. Granted not all people have the information access I have. I just summed it up to "the way of the digital times". Everything is going digital and downloadable through a smartphone simple request. The music industry is a excellent example of this. If the internet crashes, most of us are all screwed.
Congrats on the Pacifica purchase. We love ours and this forum is a great resource.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by permitwriter View Post
That's an excellent idea. Mine came with a 328 page “User Guide”. I also downloaded the digital version to my PC. The digital version is useful because you can search for something & find it quickly instead of using an inadequate index and flipping through 100’s of pages. I haven’t tried the version loaded into the Uconnect system.
I, too, use the digital file. So much easier than flipping thru so many sections of the paper manual to find what you’re looking for. I like the link in Uconnect. I had always saved the pdf version of my current vehicles to my phone so it was always available.

My 2012 T&C came with a paper manual, but also a digital copy on DVD.

Just as an aside, a friend just purchased a 2019 Hyundai and it has a complete paper manual in glove box.

Current 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Velvet Red Limited - I'll fill in options soon, but I think the only thing missing was a spare tire.

prev 2016 Chrysler T&C Touring-L
prev 2012 Chrysler T&C Touring-L
prev 2007 Chrysler T&C Touring
prev 2005 Dodge Caravan SXT
prev 2000 Dodge Gr Caravan Sport
prev 1995 Plym Voyager
Hubby had mid 80s Plym Voyager
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 11:46 PM

Got my 2018 last September and no printed manual. When I found out they were now online, I never thought about asking for a printed one. I like the pdf manual. Easy to search for something you want to check on.
Lily likes this.

2018 Limited gas is already loaded. Ocean blue w/Black-Diesel Interior. Build date Friday the 13th, 4/18. Lifetime Warranty. Lots of extras.
2019 Ford F-150 XLT added to the garage on 3/5/2019. Many mods done since.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page