Motor Trend test van has stalling issue - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcanguy View Post
Not gonna lie, had to look that up...... LOL
Now, you will never forget that word:
Attached Images
File Type: png schadenfreude.png (55.6 KB, 38 views)

2018 Limited Gas

Last edited by Lipster; 03-26-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:34 PM

Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
Schadenfreude...
I have been leasing cars since 1985. My reasoning is that leasing affords me the certainty of the duration of my relationship with a car. A couple of times I have been saddened to return a car but most often, I have been glad to turn it in. My experience is that most of the time that the residual value of the car was less than its actual worth. I think that leasing is really a great way for manufacturers/dealers to obtain a supply of low mileage used cars. Used cars are, IMO, much more profitable in terms of financing costs, warranty add ons, and etc.
So, I get a new car and the purchaser of the used leased car gets a low mileage warranted car that I have paid the depreciation on.

I get no joy from another's misfortune. Declining resale value is not misfortune but rather the natural progression of value as a car ages. The rate varies, YMMV, IMO.
Van Go likes this.

Sjambok

2018 Touring L+
Gas
March 2018 Build
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Simpson View Post
you mean FCA is doomed...
Unfortunately, as people who have and depend on this van, we're doomed.

-Steve

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited. Velvet Red with Black/Diesel Interior
Advanced Tech, uConnect Theatre, 20" Wheels

2017 Lexus LS460L. Liquid Platinum with Black/Shimamoku Interior

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Whatever you say must be correct, as you drive a hybrid, and this problem is with gassers.
I haven't a clue what that means.

Quote:
After 17k miles, I know the difference between an ESS shutdown, and a stall, especially when ESS needs a warm engine, cabin, etc, and mine stalls even when the engine is not warmed up at 0 degrees ambient.
Again, commenting on Motortrend's article where they say it shutdown normally, which is ESS.

Quote:
Have a nice week.
Thanks, having a fantastic week so far, same to you!

2019 Hybrid Limited Dirty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast, 37°, cafeteria had special on lasagna
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frig View Post
Again, commenting on Motortrend's article where they say it shutdown normally, which is ESS.
That's what they said, but they are wrong. It is not shutting down normally in ESS mode. When that happens, there is no Ding, no instruction to put the car in Park and restart. There is no loss of Forward Collision Avoidance. The shutdown they are experiencing, and I am experiencing, is from normal ESS shutdown. Chrysler agrees it is not ESS, but they don't know how to fix it.

You drive a hybrid. Not sure why you want to argue about this, as this is not even an issue on hybrids.

2018 Limited Gas
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
That's what they said, but they are wrong. It is not shutting down normally in ESS mode. When that happens, there is no Ding, no instruction to put the car in Park and restart. There is no loss of Forward Collision Avoidance. The shutdown they are experiencing, and I am experiencing, is from normal ESS shutdown. Chrysler agrees it is not ESS, but they don't know how to fix it.
They wrote about their issue, which may or may not be your issue, but they are wrong. Ok, got it.

Quote:
You drive a hybrid. Not sure why you want to argue about this, as this is not even an issue on hybrids.
I'm not arguing, I'm discussing. And in any case, you feel only gas owners, specifically only Chrysler Pacifica gas owners, can discuss the issue in the article?

2019 Hybrid Limited Dirty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast, 37°, cafeteria had special on lasagna
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 10:00 PM

Bye.

2018 Limited Gas
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 11:41 AM

Probably just a bad battery.

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page