Best All Season tires for R20 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Best All Season tires for R20

I had Michelin tires and they only lasted 2 yrs. I want to get new All Season tires that last more than 2 yrs. What do you recommend? TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 06:42 PM

I put GoodYear Assurance WeatherReady tires on my van with18" wheels. Put on in December. They are astounding in snow, especially compared to the Bridgestones I took off.

2018 Limited Gas
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 08:23 PM

Funny I ran across this post. I was just talking to the Costco Tire department techs the other day and pricing out R20 michilens for the pacifica. He quoted me and we talked about the material of the tires and was actually very knowledgeable. One tire had a 60k mile warranty and the other a 55k warranty but he said I'd be lucky to get 30k miles with them on a pacifica. I asked him "well, if its a 60k warranty but I only get 30k on them, I would get a new set at %50 price right?" he said "yes, but I can only warranty it out one time". So when the second set wore out I'd being paying full price on a new 3rd set of tires but when those wear down the 4th set would be warrantied out from the 3rd set. Ultimately he said the 20 inch rims are just an odd size that michelin doesn't really have allot of products for which makes me disappointed because I love michelins. Might just have to end up getting some rims for snow tires and have the 20 inch for late spring thru mid-fall. I'd like to just get a good set of all season michelins like I have had on other vehicles but I dunno.... Something to think about over the summer.

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Wireless Charging Pad by Mopar
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 08:31 PM

With the 20" wheels & tires package on a 2017 Pacifica, the OEM tire is the Falken ZIEX CT50, not Michelin.

Michelin Premier was the OEM tire with the 18" wheels, and they performed better than the Falkens on the 20" wheels and Yokohamas on the 17" wheels.

Michelin now recommends the Primacy over the Premier.
Bond007 likes this.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 08:53 PM

Right - those are the two tires he quoted me on. My 2018 came with 245/50/R20 Solus TA31 tires( https://kumhotireusa.com/tire-catego...1/solus%20ta31 ) and they suck in the snow - I mean SUCK! Thats why im trying to price shop now thru the summer because when the first snow hits everyone that has crap tires flood the tire shops lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0765.jpg (136.9 KB, 26 views)

Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
Engine Block Heater
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:59 PM

General Altimax RT43 tires are really good, and fairly cheap compared to other options.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 30K miles
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 07:16 AM

We use Michelin X-Ice in the winter and they seem pretty good.

Our OEM Falkens were fine at first. They had good dry grip and were quiet. From what I read, they're not so great in the wet. But the only time we've experienced hydroplaning was in a severe thunderstorm. The main problem with the Falkens was that they only lasted two seasons. They were on the car Apr-Nov in 2017 and 2018. By last Nov, two of them were already down to the wear bars, after maybe 25k miles on the set. They also developed a lot of road noise after the first season.

Lily - Those look like reasonable prices on the Michelins. We could order from Tire Rack and have our local shop put them on, and it would be about the same total cost as your quote from Costco.

The General Altimax RT43 looks like everybody's bargain favorite. Do you have them? They have a very high treadwear rating, but any comments on traction?
Lily likes this.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 10:20 AM

Our OEM 18” michelins lasted us three years, with the first winter being used as our winter tires. Last winter I finally ditched them for some Nokian Hakkas. Now we are running a used set of pirrellis from my S8 that are a nice AS tire with good wet traction. Not sure how long they will last, but should get two years out of them. And that’s after one being on my car. The best tire you can go with is a Michelin pilot sport AS3. Not cheap, but grippy, but they may be wore out in a couple years. Small price to pay for good traction. It’s not worth it to skimp on tires. Keep them rotated too, and it will help prolong the life of the set. Look at the delta between and good set and a cheap set and ask yourself if it’s worth it over a couple years use.
Tires are all you have between you and the road.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red MC View Post
The General Altimax RT43 looks like everybody's bargain favorite. Do you have them? They have a very high treadwear rating, but any comments on traction?
Also curious if anyone has tried the Altimax on the Pacifica. I have had them on two other vehicles and have been satisfied.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 11:32 AM

I love my Pacifica but going thru tires so fast never crossed my mind when shopping around and listing pros and cons of truck vs van. I don’t regret the Pacifica but man, going they tires is going to suck. I drove a Honda Civic prior and tires were cheaper and lasted forever lol. It makes sense a bigger heavier vehicle will wear tires faster - it is what it is...

Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
Engine Block Heater

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in