Rust on sliding doors - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Rust on sliding doors

After replacing the hood under warrant last year i thought i will be done with rust issue.
Just week ago i have noticed paint bubble at the bottom of sliding door, few days later paint chirped off. Other sliding door have paint bubble in door jam not even close to edge- far away from any road dirt. I think we( or Chrysler) have issue with aluminium quality.
Two local dealers are jerks. One told me that Chrysler only approves rust repair( no longer body panels replacement) and their independent body shop (one that did hood and did great job) refuses to do rust repair( because they can not stand behind it) so they send me on my own to find dealer which will deal with the problem. They would not take event take the claim officially so Chrysler corp can be notified.
Other dealer in the area, up front told in very arrogant way,that by mileage( 50k), car is out of warranty so it will not be covered. He actually said hat "if car would have less than 5k they would consider repair". I showed him 5 year unlimited miles corrosion warranty. he just arrogantly said " whatever, it will not be covered". Had to force him to take pictures and make official claim. Doubt he will run it officially through Chrysler Corporation based on his behavior.
Car is very well maintained- including paint.
It is unacceptable to have a rust on 2.5 year old car( very well maintained, washed frequently)
Love the car but cant stand rust.
Any advice how to handle situation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:22 PM

If you have a valid warranty it sure looks like it is lawyer time.

2018 Limited gas is already loaded. Ocean blue w/Black-Diesel Interior. Build date Friday the 13th, 4/18. Lifetime Warranty. Lots of extras.
2019 Ford F-150 XLT added to the garage on 3/5/2019. Many mods done since.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

I am curious whether it is a common problem like with hood rust?.This is very hard to notice unless someone pays attentions to details while washing car or paint will chip off. And those bubbles on aluminum panels pop up out of nowhere.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 04:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I am curious whether it is a common problem like with hood rust?.This is very hard to notice unless someone pays attentions to details while washing car or paint will chip off. And those bubbles on aluminum panels pop up out of nowhere.
Hood corrosion is well documented. Is the first time on the Forum for corrosion on the sliding doors? Can you post any pictures?

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page