Useful Tips - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Useful Tips

Mods, you can move this post if it's already a discussion.

Just wanted to share my favorite tips with my '19 hybrid.

1. When you open the lift gate with the button under the handle if you push it a 2nd time after it starts moving it opens faster.

2. Google play music through Apple car play is THE best quality free music streaming service I've found. Sounds great.

3. A CD phone mount will fit in the seam above the gear shifter between the plastic and dash material. Best spot for a cell that I've found.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 06:11 AM

I didn't know about #1, I'll have to give that a try.

Thanks
TheKorean likes this.

2019 Limited, Luxury White, HK Sound, Tow Group, Advanced Safety Tec Group
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 01:28 PM

Man, good idea for the phone mount. Been trying to think of the best solution. This makes the short list, and might be number one
TheKorean likes this.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 03:36 PM

Garage
Thank you for the tip with the Cell holder.
I will test it when I get my Pacifica again
TheKorean likes this.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica ; Gas ; Bright White ; Limited ; 20"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Chrysler Voyager Stow'n Go Limited

2001 Chrysler Voyager
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 11:27 AM

I guess i'll add my own useful tip for anyone wanting to use the CD slot phone mount in this way.

Our main vehicle until we get the van is an 09. we've had the cd mount for years, in and actual cd slot. our car hasnt really been garage kept. but even if yours is, if its kept out in hot summer sun for extended period of time (work parking lot, etc) be careful. the rubber "teeth" of the mount can get hot and stick causing it to melt slightly and stick. Ours is basically stuck in our slot (i'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere.) It can be removed but has to be done slowly and carefully, a drop of goo gone or the sort would make it easier but its not that big of a deal for this old car. I do remove it periodically so it doesnt get permanently embedded

Long story short, keep an eye on the mount so the grips dont get stuck to the materials of the dash and cause damage. I'd even go as far as removing it regularly or when it sits in the sun for extended periods to avoid adhesion.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 11:35 AM

What’s the function of a phone mount?

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Mike View Post
What’s the function of a phone mount?
It looks like it's magnetic so they probably have a piece of metal between their phone and case.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Touring Plus
2019 Nissan Leaf SL 40kWh
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerhappy007 View Post
It looks like it's magnetic so they probably have a piece of metal between their phone and case.
I was just thinking in terms of if you've already got CarPlay running, it's just a distraction and clutter.
pannna likes this.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Mike View Post
I was just thinking in terms of if you've already got CarPlay running, it's just a distraction and clutter.

A lot of apps compliment the carplay display.

Yes, it is a mag mount and it charges as well. Although that feature is useless since we don't have wireless carplay.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 03:00 PM

That little button locks the doors. It does t make the hatch open any faster.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in