Just Ordered - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozarkian View Post
I've been talking to dealers about a possible order. One said 6 to 8 weeks, another said before July.

Were you able to get any discounts?
What city are you in? In my experience, dealers weren't willing to discount the factory orders much more than 500 to 1000 off invoice before rebates. I shopped around a 250 miles from my area so was able to find someone who was able to discount enough for me to move forward. If an equivalent car was available at an aggressive dealer lot in the area, I could have probably saved another 500-1000 but nothing close to what I wanted was out there so I went with factory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashraf View Post
What city are you in? In my experience, dealers weren't willing to discount the factory orders much more than 500 to 1000 off invoice before rebates. I shopped around a 250 miles from my area so was able to find someone who was able to discount enough for me to move forward. If an equivalent car was available at an aggressive dealer lot in the area, I could have probably saved another 500-1000 but nothing close to what I wanted was out there so I went with factory.
Northern CA, and it's been a very frustrating process once we decided to go with the Hybrid over the Odyssey. Half the dealers here don't even have 2019s in stock, so we decided to look at 2018s. My local dealer found one 2018 that was perfect but when he went to transfer it, the hybrid battery was dead and the factory wouldn't give an estimate on when the new one would be delivered. A few other 2018s are so old they are subject to the recall (which means manufactured before March 2018). One of those was fixed but we decided we don't want an old, unused HV battery.

With 2018 eliminated from consideration, I used the Chrysler website to search for inventory in all of California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington (changing my zip code to get around the 125 mile limit). I found exactly one 2019 Hybrid Limited I would consider buying (because we refuse to buy hot-as-**** black or deep mocha seats, even if they look nice), and that dealer showed no interest in moving off MSRP.

That meant we have to turn to factory order. The local places all refused to budge of MSRP. One claimed they make a $100 profit on hybrids (which would be true only if MSRP - invoice was the actual and only source of profit). I tried South County, which offers deep discounts on 2018's if you want fancy-looking-burn-your-arse-off black seats, but those deals are to cut losses by moving old inventory, and they didn't offer a discount on a factory order 2019. I'm slowly expanding my circle because I'm not really in a rush, but it's starting to look like I might buy an Odyssey over Memorial Day.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozarkian View Post
Northern CA, and it's been a very frustrating process once we decided to go with the Hybrid over the Odyssey. Half the dealers here don't even have 2019s in stock, so we decided to look at 2018s. My local dealer found one 2018 that was perfect but when he went to transfer it, the hybrid battery was dead and the factory wouldn't give an estimate on when the new one would be delivered. A few other 2018s are so old they are subject to the recall (which means manufactured before March 2018). One of those was fixed but we decided we don't want an old, unused HV battery.

With 2018 eliminated from consideration, I used the Chrysler website to search for inventory in all of California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington (changing my zip code to get around the 125 mile limit). I found exactly one 2019 Hybrid Limited I would consider buying (because we refuse to buy hot-as-**** black or deep mocha seats, even if they look nice), and that dealer showed no interest in moving off MSRP.

That meant we have to turn to factory order. The local places all refused to budge of MSRP. One claimed they make a $100 profit on hybrids (which would be true only if MSRP - invoice was the actual and only source of profit). I tried South County, which offers deep discounts on 2018's if you want fancy-looking-burn-your-arse-off black seats, but those deals are to cut losses by moving old inventory, and they didn't offer a discount on a factory order 2019. I'm slowly expanding my circle because I'm not really in a rush, but it's starting to look like I might buy an Odyssey over Memorial Day.
Are you open to SoCal? If so, call Rydell in LA area. I dont know about Hybrid but they gave me the same discount (no haggling needed) they are giving on in stock gas models on factory order - a handful of their cars are discounted more so they wont give that much but they will give what they are discounting majority on the lot cars (you agree to their discount before rebate and coupons, which are applied at the time of delivery). Their pricing is a bit higher than Huntington B and South County but you they will not install dealer options on your factory order if you tell them not to.

I am in NV and placed my order with a SoCal dealer.

Also, just like you i needed Alloy interior and there isnt much in the area. Infact I searched east coast zip codes too and none existed in the config i was looking at nationwide.

Last edited by hashraf; 05-07-2019 at 03:54 PM.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 04:47 PM

Thanks hashraf!

I will call them. I have family in SoCal I can visit, so a hundred on a plane flight to save thousands on a car would work nicely.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashraf View Post
I placed my order on 5/2 and per customer service chat this morning (5/6) it is currently in D1 status. I was hoping it would take 8 weeks but it seems the process will go through much faster and I may be stuck with an extra car for a month, unless my dealer agrees to hold it in his lot for a for a few weeks.
Glad to hear some of you say delivery is fairly fast. I am not getting the tow package nor the entertainment pkg. Ordered a 2019 Limited with all the other extras. I looked for 2 months but could not find many that had the adaptive cruise which is something I am used to. I don’t usually go with a “new” vehicle. My dealer said they build them in a couple of weeks but shipping can take 6-10 weeks.

Is there a way to track your build or do you have to keep contacting your dealership?
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddriveit View Post
Glad to hear some of you say delivery is fairly fast. I am not getting the tow package nor the entertainment pkg. Ordered a 2019 Limited with all the other extras. I looked for 2 months but could not find many that had the adaptive cruise which is something I am used to. I don’t usually go with a “new” vehicle. My dealer said they build them in a couple of weeks but shipping can take 6-10 weeks.

Is there a way to track your build or do you have to keep contacting your dealership?

You can do live chat with chrysler (see link below). They are very quick to respond. My car went into F (paint) status this morning (5/13). I ordered late evening on 5/2. From reading various posts, I dont think shipping takes more than 2 weeks, so likely my car will get to dealership around end of may / early june.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/Chrys...tact-Chrysler1
reddriveit likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page