High way break in - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By RC Mike
  • 1 Post By SWPacLim

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

High way break in

Needed to get out of the gloomy, cold, rain. Needed to break in the new Pacifica with some highway cruising. Took her for a short 150 mile run up and back to Frankenmuth on I 75, for some chicken dinner. Skies north of us were sunny and warmer. Great on the highway. Surprised at acceleration, ( nice WOT exhaust note, too) and ride, handling is way better than expected. Comfortable seats Transmission was smooth and seemless. Big time improvement over the '14 T&C. With only 250 miles on her, averaged 25 mpg at 70+ mph. It is a bit noisy at highway speeds, (although a great improvement over the T&C.) I attribute this to all the glass not being particularly sound deadening?
Beginning to warm up to this vehicle....

NOTE:had to take it to dealer because the memory seat function would not program. I know the procedure, it hasn't changed in 20 years. Looked in the settings menu on the radio, where one would expect to find the on/off switch, could not figure it out. Dealer checked, could not make it work either. They called FCA tech support. Turns out that the switch was unchecked, so off. The driver memory control was under the engine category in the settings menu. Go figure. This was not apparent in the owner's manual. But now, all systems are go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pac2.jpg (92.5 KB, 23 views)

In my garage:
2019 Pacifica Limited, Red Velvet, Mocha 8 pass interior
2011 Dodge Charger R/T Max
1977 AMC Pacer, 2nd owner very low mileage
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 HP 4 bbl survivor

Previously in my garage:
from 1st car: 1965 Dodge Coronet 500 (1970)
40+ cars, trucks, Jeeps, Minivans
All except 3 from Mopar family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:36 AM

Frankenmuth is such a neat place. Havenít been there in years, but hopefully will go back.
Hilltoppper likes this.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 11:31 PM

Your first few words and I had to check, yup! Michigan. I finally had the chance to drive 1175 miles on a trip in early April. Sure was nice to get the Limited out on the freeway. Got 28.8 MPG at 70 MPH. I sure wish my 2019 F-150 got that good of mileage.
Been some time since I was at Frankenmuth. About time to go back.
Enjoy your new ride. I sure like mine.

2018 Limited gas is already loaded. Ocean blue w/Black-Diesel Interior. Build date Friday the 13th, 4/18. Lifetime Warranty. Lots of extras.
2019 Ford F-150 XLT added to the garage on 3/5/2019.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankt View Post
It is a bit noisy at highway speeds, (although a great improvement over the T&C.) I attribute this to all the glass not being particularly sound deadening?
Its the nature of it being a van. Its very hard to make vans "quiet", lots of open volume, large door openings and such, floor low and close to the ground.
moose78 likes this.

-Steve

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited. Velvet Red with Black/Diesel Interior
Advanced Tech, uConnect Theatre, 20" Wheels

2017 Lexus LS460L. Liquid Platinum with Black/Shimamoku Interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in