Stalling:Another update by Motor Trend - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frig View Post
The MotorTrend author said his van would stall only after coming to a full stop,
Nowhere in the article are those words used.
Nowhere.
froglips and craig like this.

2018 Limited Gas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
Nowhere in the article are those words used.
Nowhere.
I never said those words were used.

As we've already discussed weeks ago, I interpreted that from the previous article.

I was also one of those annoying folks that emailed the author, and he graciously responded. He said it would stall only after coming to a full stop.

His issue, which may or may not be related to your issue, sure sounds like an ESS issue... or it may not. \_(ツ)_/

2019 Hybrid Limited Dirty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast, 37, cafeteria had special on lasagna
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frig View Post
I never said those words were used.
Yeah, you did.
Chrysler is aware of the issue, and they say it is not related to ESS, but part of a Front Collision Avoidance System glitch.
You don't work for Chrysler, you have a hybrid, not a gasser, and yours does not have this issue. Not sure why you are so convinced you know what system is causing this.
froglips likes this.

2018 Limited Gas

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
Yeah, you did.
Chrysler is aware of the issue, and they say it is not related to ESS, but part of a Front Collision Avoidance System glitch.
You don't work for Chrysler, you have a hybrid, not a gasser, and yours does not have this issue. Not sure why you are so convinced you know what system is causing this.
The MotorTrend author wrote it, in an email, to me, directly. I've stated this. How many other ways do you want me to say it?

His issue, he said, is his van would stall only after coming to a full stop.

Your issue, as you've stated, occurs as it's still moving.

For his issue, I think it's reasonable to think there may be a link to ESS, but I'm far from convinced.

2019 Hybrid Limited Dirty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast, 37, cafeteria had special on lasagna
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Whatever you say.
You seem to be the expert.
Perhaps you could run up to Detroit and tell the engineers how to fix this.
Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes of your time.
Be sure you tell them that you corresponded directly with a Motor Trend writer and believe it is caused by ESS. Be sure to mention that you stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.
kebanaev likes this.

2018 Limited Gas

Last edited by Lipster; 05-14-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page