Light in roll-top cubby in console - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By MichaelGill
  • 2 Post By PPLMVR

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Light in roll-top cubby in console

I have a 2019 Pacifica Limited, gas model. I noticed that if I leave that roll-top cubby open in the center console, that little light in the cubby stays on. I shut off the van and get out of the van, and after 60 seconds the head lights, and interior lights then shut off. But I noticed that the little light in that cubby stays on. I thought maybe it would shut off after a few more minutes, but went back after 15 minutes and it stays on. Seems odd that all the other interior lights shut off but that little light stays on. Has anyone else noticed this behavior? If you happen to leave that roll-top just open a little, that light will stay on. I imagine being a small led light it doesn't draw much power, but in the dark you can see that it is on in the car. I didn't try leaving it on for hours to see if it ever shuts off. Is this a bug or a feature?
Thanks.

2019 Pacifica Limited
Advanced SafetyTec Group
Uconnect Theater with Wireless Streaming
Trailer-Tow Group
20 inch wheels
Inflatable Spare-Delete Vacuum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:23 AM

I just noticed that there was a light in there yesterday and we have had our Limited for more than a month now!

Like you mentioned it can't draw much power, but it sure seems like the Pacifica's don't sleep much as "AZBean" has installed a custom made battery monitor on his Hybird with some interesting data.

2019 Limited, Luxury White, HK Sound, Tow Group, Advanced Safety Tec Group
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:57 PM

We left the drawer open over night once and the light wasn't on the next morning, so it seems that it shuts off at some point of time...
Bond007 and thclimer like this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 04:48 PM

HAHA

I remember finding this behavior odd myself when we got our van. So much so that I put my phone in the cubby taking a video to see if the light actually shut off when the lid was closed.

My mind was put to ease when I confirmed it turned off when the lid was closed. We're not in the habit of leaving it open so I haven't bothered to test it any further since.
Bond007 and AZBean like this.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid - In Canada Eh!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

It does shut off, but the time seems to vary, at least in my van. It varies between 10 and 15 minutes. At least it shuts off! I must have been a bit early on my estimate of 15 minutes last night, as tonight I checked every couple of minutes. Once it shut off at 10 minutes, once just before 15 minutes. The one exception seems if I just open the door and don't start the car, so all the lights come on, including the cubby light, then shut the door, then the cubby light shuts off in 2 minutes. If I have been driving the car, then it seems to be the 10 or 15 minutes time.
Trivia for sure! But at least it shuts off.

2019 Pacifica Limited
Advanced SafetyTec Group
Uconnect Theater with Wireless Streaming
Trailer-Tow Group
20 inch wheels
Inflatable Spare-Delete Vacuum
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspacifica2019 View Post
It does shut off, but the time seems to vary, at least in my van. It varies between 10 and 15 minutes. At least it shuts off! I must have been a bit early on my estimate of 15 minutes last night, as tonight I checked every couple of minutes. Once it shut off at 10 minutes, once just before 15 minutes. The one exception seems if I just open the door and don't start the car, so all the lights come on, including the cubby light, then shut the door, then the cubby light shuts off in 2 minutes. If I have been driving the car, then it seems to be the 10 or 15 minutes time.
Trivia for sure! But at least it shuts off.
Oh my, the complexity of our Pacifica's is amazing. I would have never guess such a small light inside a cubby could have multiple timers associated with it for how long to stay on. I can only wonder how complex the controls are for the engine and transmission.

2019 Limited, Luxury White, HK Sound, Tow Group, Advanced Safety Tec Group

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page