Trailer light harness question... installing a hitch. - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

We are installing a draw-tite hitch on my van this weekend. I see there is a light harness system with the t-post but it is pricey. Can I just get the $10 Hopkins 4-flat and splice the wires and connect that way? What have you all done?

I drive a basic 2017.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:13 PM

Welcome to the forum.
I have done the splice of the wires together over the years. Only problem in the past was a different flasher needed to be installed. Hard to say today with all the computer stuff in there. Never can tell when the computer may have a fit.

2018 Limited gas is already loaded. Ocean blue w/Black-Diesel Interior. Build date Friday the 13th, 4/18. Lifetime Warranty. Lots of extras.
2019 Ford F-150 XLT added to the garage on 3/5/2019. Many mods done since.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 07:45 AM

I have done both. I spliced wires because the kit was not available at the time. It is a bit of a pain. All the wires are bundled and taped together tightly. You have to unbundle them, figure out which one is which, and then splice wires.

I ended up getting a new van a year later and used the t-post plug and play kit and it is absurdly easy to use and makes for a stronger connection.

2018 Pacifica Touring plus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page