Is this a good deal? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Is this a good deal?

I am looking at purchasing a 2019 Chrysler Pacifica with the touring L plus package, advance safety package, and 8 seats. Sticker is $43,115 my price is $36,100 plus TTL with 0% for 60 months. The dealership is located in Houston Texas. Please let me know your thoughts. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1003 View Post
I am looking at purchasing a 2019 Chrysler Pacifica with the touring L plus package, advance safety package, and 8 seats. Sticker is $43,115 my price is $36,100 plus TTL with 0% for 60 months. The dealership is located in Houston Texas. Please let me know your thoughts. thanks
I had a boss that told me it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks - if you're happy with it then its a good deal. 0% is unheard of these days
craig likes this.

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 12:46 PM

I know Canadian prices only. You are getting pretty good savings when you include the interest you are skipping for the zero percent rate. Saving $4000-ish plus the 7000. Though it only lowers the price by that 7000.

If this was Canadian numbers and those two options are the only ones, a Touring L + is about $52,400CDN. Dealer cost at 49,200CDN. Official Consumer Cash discount is 7,000. MSRP drops to 45,400. Dealer cost is at 42,200 after all discounts. 3.99 on the 45,400 gets about 5,000 interest. So it is a savings towards total ownership but not your purchase price.

Is the discount/rebate shown? Ask how much the discount is so you can find out if they are discounting anything themselves. If it works out to full MSRP it could be worth keeping the quote in hand for the next stop at another dealer to see if they are full price as well.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 05:07 PM

Seems like a reasonable price. If you can get a tdm rebate (on bing search for "truecar chrysler pacifica $1000 certificate" and go to the geico link in the results) you can make it sweeter by 1000 using the certificate you generate which can be combined with all national/ regional rebates. Just make sure you put correct zipcode for your house and your full name on the site once you get there. If this works please send me a gift after you purchase for saving you 1k + tax 😊

By the way my factory order has same config except i also added 18" wheels which come with michelins that make the car handle better.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 06:23 PM
mky

Quote:
That is a good deal with 18% off MSRP.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 06:27 PM
mky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashraf View Post
Seems like a reasonable price. If you can get a tdm rebate (on bing search for "truecar chrysler pacifica $1000 certificate" and go to the geico link in the results) you can make it sweeter by 1000 using the certificate you generate which can be combined with all national/ regional rebates. Just make sure you put correct zipcode for your house and your full name on the site once you get there. If this works please send me a gift after you purchase for saving you 1k + tax 😊

By the way my factory order has same config except i also added 18" wheels which come with michelins that make the car handle better.
Why didn't I meet you before I bought my Pacifica
I only used $500 truecar TDM rebate. I searched for $1000 TDM rebate on bing before but never knew to look into Geico site and I am a Geico user
I wish I would have known this before, alas!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
There really is no such thing as 0% interest money available to you. What is actually happening is that your Houston dealer and/or Chrysler is subsidizing the loan money so it appears to you to be zero interest. This is in lieu of a steeper discount, so you actually are paying "interest" in the form of a smaller discount than would otherwise be available. The bottom line is that it really is a good deal, if you normally would have dragged the purchase out for five years.

Make sure that "TTL" is in line with normal Houston practices, and they are not forcing accessories such as fairy dust and unicorn far*s. If it's a clean deal, go for it!
craig likes this.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Quote:
There really is no such thing as 0% interest money available to you. What is actually happening is that your Houston dealer and/or Chrysler is subsidizing the loan money so it appears to you to be zero interest. This is in lieu of a steeper discount, so you actually are paying "interest" in the form of a smaller discount than would otherwise be available. The bottom line is that it really is a good deal, if you normally would have dragged the purchase out for five years.

Make sure that "TTL" is in line with normal Houston practices, and they are not forcing accessories such as fairy dust and unicorn far*s. If it's a clean deal, go for it!
Actually there is only 250 of additional rebate if someone wants the non 0% financing. What is stupid is that if you dont finance at all ie just buy in full cash you get 750 less rebates than with 0% financing. I wish i had gotten extra rebate in lieu of no financing but sometimes logic doesn't apply.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post

I put 15k down, paid cash for lifetime warranty and TTL, and dragged the rest of the van out for seven years at 1.9 interest a local credit union which I thought was a great rate.

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 10:19 AM

There is usually a HUGE caveat on those "0%" loans. Read the fine print. If you default, it becomes an xx% loan. "Default" often means one day late on any payment. It is always wise to set those up for automatic payment (at least 5 days before the actual due date). It is this "feature" that makes it attractive to lending institutions. They know the statistical default rate. It is this statistic that makes the deal cheaper if you finance, as @hashraf noted in his $750 reference above.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page