Adaptive CC brake system question - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Unread Today, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Adaptive CC brake system question

Does anyone have a diagram or knowledge about the brake system on a Pacifica equipped with adaptive cruise control? The chief service person at my dealership didn't seem to know much about braking systems in general or about the specific one in my 2017 Pacifica. He also couldn't be bothered to find out for me either. Oh well, they have my $$$$.

That system must have a hydraulic pump, pressure accumulator,switch and naturally a computer that can apply the brakes automatically when required in the ACC mode but I haven't been able to determine whether the brake pedal is attached to some type of brake master cylinder as is normal and the ACC system is added to the conventional brake system or whether the brake pedal is electrically connected to the ACC system and operates the brakes indirectly through the computer.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Unread Today, 02:47 PM

Garage
I know that Hybrids have Bosch iBooster master cylinder, you can find youtube videos explaining how it works. Gassers probably have a similar master cylinder that can be controlled both by the pedal and electric actuator.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in