Screwed by Criswell Chrysler - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 05:50 PM

Iím saddened to hear that you had this bad experience. All new car dealers are heavily invested in having outstanding deliveries as they are all trying to achieve 100%in CSI scores. Money from the manufacture often is tied to customer satisfaction index.
If you get surveyed over the delivery, you have the right to skewer them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 06:12 PM

You posted in the dealers thread here on the Pacifica forum on July 2nd about the problem where you clearly indicated the problem and made it clear you thought it was a manufactures defect at the time. The manager who suggested you doctored the dates on the photo would probably tell you the same thing about the forum post. To me itís pretty obvious that you are not trying to pull a fast one, but you will likely get no where with this Kevin manager.

The best advise I can give you is to write out a detailed, clear & concise accounting of what happened on their Yelp page (including your photo and reference to your July 2 post on this forum). Do not put your emotions into the post, keep it fact based. This will hurt the dealership far more than if they accepted responsibility for the problem and fixed it. In the end it is very unfortunate that this happened to you and that you are on the hook for it, but at least youíll have the satisfaction of knowing this will cost the dealership one way or another. Be sure to also be 100% honest on the manufacturer survey.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Guys, thanks for your support. I wrote this post because I needed to vent (obviously!) and to obtain unbiased opinions. In my mind I don't see how this damage could conceivably occur post purchase. I thought that if Criswell had a valid reason to doubt my words someone would point to flaws in my logic. I'm glad that we are on the same page.
irpilot and Longtimemopar like this.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 08:33 PM

Criswell is a terrible dealership. My business partner had his Jeep Grand Cherokee there for like 6 months trying to have it repaired, they never could diagnose it and it would just sit there untouched for months on end, then they would tell him it was fixed and it would break down again...and again... they ran another car into it on the lot while it was sitting there, and offered no apology, just an "Oh, we'll fix that". Chrysler Corporate sided with him and paid him out $7,000 for his trouble.

I would never, EVER give Criswell Chrysler $1.

I've had good experiences with the service department at Darcars in Rockville and for purchase I would recommend Fair Oaks out in VA.
stop-eject likes this.

-Steve

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited. Velvet Red with Black/Diesel Interior
Advanced Tech, uConnect Theatre, 20" Wheels

2017 Lexus LS460L. Liquid Platinum with Black/Shimamoku Interior
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
Mine was too- while I was spending the money, I even wrote about it.

Dealerships typically have crowded lots. I'm not implying they intentionally made the inspection more difficult.

The timeline went like that.
6/29- purchase
7/1 (next business day)- went to the local dealer. Scheduled appointment for 7/10
7/2 posted about the problem in the Criswell thread
7/10 Left the van with the local dealer

7/16- the dealer notified me about the damage. Emailed Criswell right away. Scheduled an appointment.

7/26- brought the van to Criswell.

No. They wouldn't even put the van on the lift for evaluation. I should know more soon.

Thanks for posting the time line of events. Pretty much you complaining about the issue one day after delivery nullified any argument they had about you taking too long to bring it to their attention. @carlw8 you should make this right or I highly doubt you'll be getting much more business from this group. I'm thinking about making this a sticky but I'll wait to see what @carlw8 response is.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
@irpilot , thanks for your post. It is reassuring that the forum administration places ethics first when an advertiser is involved.
When I visited the local dealer on Monday 7/1, they connected the van to their scanner and its info popped up on the tablet they use. A simple scan isn't logged in the system and my visit wasn't recorded there. However the service manager offered to confirm it over the phone if Criswell was questioning my words.

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
@irpilot , thanks for your post. It is reassuring that the forum administration places ethics first when an advertiser is involved.
When I visited the local dealer on Monday 7/1, they connected the van to their scanner and its info popped up on the tablet they use. A simple scan isn't logged in the system and my visit wasn't recorded there. However the service manager offered to confirm it over the phone if Criswell was questioning my words.

Sorry to hear all this man. It's really starting to sound like they're gonna weasel their way out of taking responsibility. Hopefully I'm wrong. Waiting to see if they respond.
stop-eject and craig like this.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
OK, about the damage. It involved two major parts- the skirt, or as Chrysler calls it “Cladding” and the underbody shield.

Many clips holding the skirt were broken and it had a deep scratches on the bottom.

When I looked up the parts fiche I found only the skirt, but no clips. The worst case scenario would be that the clips weren’t sold separately and/or the clips attachment points on the skirt were broken. I jacked the van up and took the skirt off. It wasn’t bad. Several clips were on stands and those stands were partially torn- nothing that couldn’t be fixed with epoxy.
Everything else looked good. The metal was untouched. I took a pair of clips and went to the dealer. Their parts fiche showed them as available, and they had them in stock. Also bought a plastic epoxy from Home Depot. $20 for everything.

Back home I heated the torn stand with a heat gun- it may help to return the plastic to its original shape and epoxied the stands back in place.

Let it dry, installed the clips- there were about 20 of them- and skirt snapped back in place with minimal troubles. It is still just a bit off- the plastic in the stands stretched and the heat gun couldn’t fix it. This is still better than having to purchase a new skirt and have it painted. Not only it would be more expensive, I don’t believe that a body shop paint job can match factory in its quality. Even if Criswell agreed to repair the damage I would ask them to save and reuse the original part. I left untreated the scratches on the bottom. They aren’t visible and it is not like the skirt is going to rust. I'd prefer to have this spot sanded and painted though.

Next I went to work on the shield. I found a surface scratch on the metal above the shield, covered it with a metallic tape to prevent corrosion. The shield itself is made from a thick felt like material. (The large black part in front is the door kick sensor.)

I tried to remove the creases with steam. It helped, but the rip still couldn’t be completely closed off.

I repaired it with staples and duct tape, which may hold for a while. Ultimately the shield will need to be replaced in a shop. I’m not going to crawl under the van.

Fixing the damage is simple and not expensive. That shield is $160 online with free shipping, the dealer cost has to be under $100. It makes me wonder even more why Criswell flat out refused to help me. I didn’t come in screaming and demanding a replacement van. We could come to a reasonable solution.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image00652.jpg (136.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg Image00653.jpg (202.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Image00654.jpg (219.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Image00660.jpg (190.6 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Image00656.jpg (140.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Image00664.jpg (239.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Image00663.jpg (192.0 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by stop-eject; 08-01-2019 at 02:29 PM.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Before and after.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d.jpg (77.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg c.jpg (83.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg b.jpg (105.7 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg a.jpg (89.5 KB, 54 views)

post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Before and after.
Wow very impressive. To bad for Criswell Chrysler, that $100 in parts and say $150 in Labour is going to cost them MUCH MORE than that in lost business and BAD PR.
stop-eject and Longtimemopar like this.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Black/Deep Mocha interior with Deep Mocha seats
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6 engine with ESS
Customer Preferred Package 27
Hands−Free Sliding Door & Liftgate Group
AdvanTec Safety Group
Tri-Pane Sunroof
20" Tire & Wheel Group
Uconnect Theatre & Sound Group
Trailer Tow Group
KeySense
ManuDate: June 24 @Midnight
Purchase New: March 2018

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in