Screwed by Criswell Chrysler - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 04:57 AM

I’m surprised the dealer didn’t want to take 1 hour out of their time to repair this. It seems very simple to do. Keep a eye out for that dealer survery because I just bought my Pacifica 7/24 and I just got the email for the survery 8/1 . Be sure to write down your experience
stop-eject likes this.

2019 limited
Granite crystal metallic
S package
Advanced safety tec group
Long Island, NY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 10:06 AM

Nice work stop-eject!
stop-eject likes this.

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
Before and after.
That was super awesome job done.
Wish I could be as handy as you.
Big negative for Chriswell. You guys lost big time here. Standing behind your product and admitting mistakes (when it was clear from the post that you guys screwed up and tried to hide behind it, instead of owning up and rectifying it, like being a responsible dealership: - not cool) makes good service relationships. I wouldn’t recommend you guys anymore to others. You are just like anybody else. Your online presence in this forum means nothing to us. At least make it up with the OP. Call him and apologize for your mistakes, may be offer from freebies or oil changes if you care to, but that’ll be too much expect from you guys.

In a related note, if I were to have an issue with a car I just bought (within a month), my first point of contact would be the dealership where I bought it from - I know warranty can be gotten from any dealership but, the selling dealership may have some extra leverage when everything is still fresh from them. Still doesn’t excuse this behavior.
stop-eject and sjambok like this.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

Last edited by Bond007; 08-02-2019 at 12:54 PM.

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 12:59 PM

Most people would want to have a good faith remedy provided by the dealer, but my guess is somebody at the dealer drove it and screwed it up and parked it so they wouldn't be blamed for damage. How many people work there? Dozens? The problem here is you didn't go right back, but rather told another dealer and took the van on vacation . I feel your pain, but imagine if you sold a brand new car to somebody and didn't have any clue what damage may or not be existing then the buyer brings it back a week or two later and asks for compensation? It's a shame.

We bought our new hybrid Pacifica hybrid a few months back. Our deal was good, but took a long time. They had pulled up the van ready to drive off while we did paper work. As it sat there it got a big black door ding. Seriously? I pointed at it and they cleaned off the black gook to see no paint damage and a ding. They immediately gave me a paintless dent removal voucher. Imagine if I'd of drove away, showed it to a different dealer, went on vacation then went back and showed the dealer I bought it from a week or two later? No way they would believe they did it at that point.

Last edited by Greg Schroeder; 08-02-2019 at 01:23 PM.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Schroeder View Post
Most people would want to have a good faith remedy provided by the dealer, but my guess is somebody at the dealer drove it and screwed it up and parked it so they wouldn't be blamed for damage. How many people work there? Dozens? The problem here is you didn't go right back, but rather told another dealer and took the van on vacation . I feel your pain, but imagine if you sold a brand new car to somebody and didn't have any clue what damage may or not be existing then the buyer brings it back a week or two later and asks for compensation? It's a shame.

We bought our new hybrid Pacifica hybrid a few months back. Our deal was good, but took a long time. They had pulled up the van ready to drive off while we did paper work. As it sat there it got a big black door ding. Seriously? I pointed at it and they cleaned off the black gook to see no paint damage and a ding. They immediately gave me a paintless dent removal voucher. Imagine if I'd of drove away, showed it to a different dealer, went on vacation then went back and showed the dealer I bought it from a week or two later? No way they would believe they did it at that point.

Uhh Greg You need to RE-READ the timeline that is in post #10 of this thread, then try maybe commenting again.
Sheesh... reading like listening really is a skill.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Black/Deep Mocha interior with Deep Mocha seats
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6 engine with ESS
Customer Preferred Package 27
Hands−Free Sliding Door & Liftgate Group
AdvanTec Safety Group
Tri-Pane Sunroof
20" Tire & Wheel Group
Uconnect Theatre & Sound Group
Trailer Tow Group
KeySense
ManuDate: June 24 @Midnight
Purchase New: March 2018

Last edited by GoWFO; 08-02-2019 at 08:27 PM.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 09:24 PM

I gotta say I sort of agree with Greg. On 7/02 the buyer posted "the van already went to a shop" and "Not a big deal by itself" in a thread about a dealer providing an additional discount. He didn't actually contact the selling dealer for another two weeks (7/16). I'll be purchasing a new van next March and this would not keep me from buying from Criswell if they had the best deal. I guess the moral of the story is always do a thorough inspection before signing on the dotted line.

2018 Touring L Plus - Brilliant Black / "S" Appearance Pkg / 20" Black Noise Wheels / Advanced SafetyTec / Tri-Pane Sunroof / BraunAbility Power Foldout XT

2015 Hemi 300 S
2006 Hemi Ram Sport
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Schroeder View Post

I explained that I brought the van to the nearest dealer because I presumed that it had an assembly defect that had to be repaired under warranty. Any dealer can handle a warranty claim. Should I, as a consumer, be expected to know the nature of the problem? I don't think so. Even the dealer I brought the van to couldn't tell that it was an accidental damage before they lifted the van up. I walked around the van and would also notice a door ding, in fact I noticed something that turned out to be mostly dirt. But I didn't put my face on the ground to inspect the undercarriage. Should I be blamed for this?
I also don't see anything wrong with the vacation. It was a 4th of July week, the dealer wouldn't be able to look at the van before the holiday. I taped the skirt to the body to ensure that it stays in place.

If we can agree that I didn't doctor the pictures, the damage was clearly there on the day of the purchase. So why fixing it later is a problem? It was a completely arbitrary decision, they didn't cite any specific policies.
Ultimately, the delay wasn't the reason for denial. As our conversation drew to an end, the bottom line was "the vehicle was looked over by multiple people, they wouldn't have missed the damage if it was there". In Carl's own words:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlw8 View Post
The damage was pretty visible as far as the misaligned rocker panel so we find it hard to believe that we all missed it at time of delivery.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomikestr View Post
I gotta say I sort of agree with Greg. On 7/02 the buyer posted "the van already went to a shop" and "Not a big deal by itself" in a thread about a dealer providing an additional discount. He didn't actually contact the selling dealer for another two weeks (7/16). I'll be purchasing a new van next March and this would not keep me from buying from Criswell if they had the best deal. I guess the moral of the story is always do a thorough inspection before signing on the dotted line.
Why do you think that I had to contact the selling dealer? All Chrysler dealers are the brand representatives.
You may have a good experience with Criswell if everything will be smooth. If you miss something in your inspection, which is possible in the tense delivery process, expect to be called a liar in you face.

Last edited by stop-eject; 08-02-2019 at 10:56 PM.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWFO View Post
Wow very impressive. To bad for Criswell Chrysler, that $100 in parts and say $150 in Labour is going to cost them MUCH MORE than that in lost business and BAD PR.
Thanks. This repair represents the full extent of my body work skills

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 09:32 AM

Having been a small-claims court mediator for a few years, I see this as an unfortunate situation for everyone involved. Was the damage most likely done at the dealership? Probably. Was the van inspected and accepted by SE? Yes. In a very black and white view, that decides things.

Thatís not the world we live in, however. Most businesses will try to make things right. From Criswellís perspective, the damage could have occurred anytime after the van left their lot. That includes from that time to when the picture was taken. Just as there are unethical businesses, there are unethical consumers. No group gets a pass on that.

In the end, itís the delays and assumptions that made this a bad experience. Involving a third-party sure didnít help, even if it was based on an unfortunate assumption.

When SE has had some time and the emotions arenít as raw, maybe heíll acknowledge his contribution to the situation. Both parties made mistakes. Both should come away with clear ideas on how they can avoid those mistakes in the future.
stop-eject likes this.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page