Screwed by Criswell Chrysler - Page 4 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Mike View Post
Having been a small-claims court mediator for a few years
...and it shows, thanks for your well thought out post. I'm not particularly bitter about all this, not after the first couple of days anyway. I wish all problems I might encounter in life would be as serious as this one.

Could things be different if I notified Criswell earlier? Maybe, although I highly doubt it.

Could the damage occur post delivery? I can't definitively proof otherwise, I may only say that it would be unwise for me to go to another dealer and claim a factory defect. I always acted in a good faith.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 11:47 PM

Iíve read a lot of what youíve written on this forum, and I donít doubt for a moment that youíve been completely above-board with things.

I guess for me the main thing Iíve learned from this is the importance of a thorough inspection at the time of purchase. I certainly havenít done that each time I buy a vehicle. Twice Iíve bought in the winter, when itís dark in the evening and Iíd not have noticed any damage even if I was looking for it. Thatís something Iíll avoid in the future.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The time of sale inspection is important when buying from the likes of Criswell. I can't agree it should be the buyer's responsibility, not beyond the obvious defects anyway. What is next, bringing a mechanic for a new car purchase?
My brother, a snob he is, tells me that my treatment is what is expected from a Chrysler dealer because it is a downmarket brand and I shouldn't expect the same treatment as from BMW or Lexus. Maybe he is right.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
The time of sale inspection is important when buying from the likes of Criswell. I can't agree it should be the buyer's responsibility, not beyond the obvious defects anyway. What is next, bringing a mechanic for a new car purchase?
My brother, a snob he is, tells me that my treatment is what is expected from a Chrysler dealer because it is a downmarket brand and I shouldn't expect the same treatment as from BMW or Lexus. Maybe he is right.
Really has nothing to do with the brand but rather with the management of your dealer. Poor experiences can be had at dealers selling the higher brand cars too. I recently backed out of a purchase from my local BMW dealer because they kept playing typical car salesman games with me during the negotiation process. I finally had enough and walked out. My Chrysler dealer on the other hand was a much more pleasant experience both pre & post sale.
Longtimemopar likes this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:48 PM

I've had a lot of Lexus vehicles, and have had them damaged multiple times at dealerships, I had one delivered to me with damage to the front end that I had to uncover before taking delivery, luxury vs non-luxury doesn't mean anything. My experience buying my current Pacifica was maybe the best of any car I've ever bought...at Fair Oaks Chrysler in VA. Its about whether the business cares about their customers or not.

The issue is when you run a service oriented business, these situations are OPPORTUNITIES to solidify your reputation and your customer relationships. What would it have cost Criswell to fix this? Almost nothing. Instead, do you think this thread will cost Criswell at least one sale? I'm sure it will, it certainly cost them any future business from stop-eject. Making this repair would have solidified a relationship and made a raving fan. "I'm so sorry sir, we will get this taken care of for you". It wasn't like the whole side was sideswiped. Their position in all of this is just silly.

I sell real estate, client of mine closed on a house and had a leak in their bathroom sink the first weekend. I sent my plumber over and he fixed it, cost me $100. Was it my responsibility or my fault? No, but it was good customer service to do it.

Criswell Chrysler doesnt care about building relationships with their customers is the bottom line.
Lipster, GoWFO, RC Mike and 2 others like this.

-Steve

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited. Velvet Red with Black/Diesel Interior
Advanced Tech, uConnect Theatre, 20" Wheels

2017 Lexus LS460L. Liquid Platinum with Black/Shimamoku Interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page