Water Activating Power Sliding Doors - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
GDM

Water Activating Power Sliding Doors

I hand washed my Pacifica limited today and when running water from garden hose over the handle on sliding door, it activated the door and opened (did it twice). I had key FOB in my pocket and the only way I could prevent it was to put FOB in the house. Wondering if I were to take this vehicle through car wash if this would happen. Thoughts?

2019 Pacifica Limited, Pearl Red with alloy color seats, advanced safety technology package, factory tow packages, Key Sense
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDM View Post
I hand washed my Pacifica limited today and when running water from garden hose over the handle on sliding door, it activated the door and opened (did it twice). I had key FOB in my pocket and the only way I could prevent it was to put FOB in the house. Wondering if I were to take this vehicle through car wash if this would happen. Thoughts?
If the engine is on and in "Neutral" at the car wash, I don't think the door would open since the vehicle has to be in "Park" for the power doors to work. I haven't had a problem with a door opening while going through a car wash. Once an outside mirror folded while going through the car wash (which surprised me) but no damage occurred.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:06 AM

Sometimes water jet can alter the sensors of doors in all. ATS with touch sensitive doors. My other cars which have touch sensitive doors blink on and off (central locking) continuously when washing with the keys in my pocket.
I always keep the keys out of my pocket when washing these cars.
As mentioned above this situation is not likely to happen in carwash due to reason mentioned above. In some cars when a key is inside the car, some of these features are automatically disabled.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:45 PM

Iíve done many a drive through car wash and never had an issue with doors opening midway through. Pretty sure that stuff is disabled unless you are in park as my wife gives me the stink eye when she gets out to take care of a kid in the back and the doors donít open when she presses the button...

2019 PacHy Limited
Ocean Blue "S"
Safety pack
Pany Roof
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmcg View Post
Pretty sure that stuff is disabled unless you are in park as my wife gives me the stink eye when she gets out to take care of a kid in the back and the doors donít open when she presses the button...
BAHAHA that made me LOL.

I know that look

2018 Pacifica Hybrid - In Canada Eh!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in