2019 Pacifica Hybrid-best combo price/service in NorCal? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By kevdiggity40
  • 2 Post By craig

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

2019 Pacifica Hybrid-best combo price/service in NorCal?

Long time lurker here. Almost bought a PacHy right before the first major recall, which scared me away for a year. Almost bit again just before the new year but none of my local dealers were willing to budge on price. I couldn't even find a charged PacHy to drive to get that experience. However, I've loved the gasser Pacificas I've rented on trips and might pull the trigger on Memorial Day weekend. For the record, I currently have a 2011 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD with 140k miles that has never had a single issue. Not one. Bought new in late 2010 and has only needed the usual scheduled maintenance. The bummer is the AWD results in horrible gas mileage...typically ~16 mpg around town, which constitutes 90% of its time on the road. KBB is around 12k and would make a nice down payment. The PacHy would be perfect for our needs (the usual kid drops offs within a 5-10 mile radius, multiple times a day for 4 kiddos).

My conundrum is where to buy. I definitely want a good service department that understands the PacHy. I'm in the Sacramento area and there just aren't many available, even in the Bay Area. The Highest rated dealers in my area (Hoblit and Thompson's have a grand total of 5 hybrids, all Touring Plus models). Sac Dodge only has 2018s and same goes for Roseville Dodge (AutoNation dealership). South County, a few hours away in Gilroy, had as many as 150 2018 hybrids at one point last year but not a single 2019 at this point, only left over 2018s. It worries me when even California dealers, where the hybrid should be so popular, aren't stocking many 2019s. Any great dealers I'm missing? I would even drive/fly down to SoCal for the best experience but then I'm still worried about service. Thanks for any and all suggestions! I really enjoy this forum.
Kamex009 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 06:14 PM

Garage
Lasher in Elk Grove is the only place to buy a Chrysler product in northern CA. They will find exactly what you want, negotiate a price, bring it to their dealer (if it turns out to be a dealer trade), have you drive and accept it BEFORE doing the contract to make it yours. No surprises! Victor Macias is the salesperson to see. My family has bought several cars from Victor over the last decade. He is a true professional; he was at his last dealership for about 20 years and only left when it went out of business in 2008 and has been at Lasher every since. Such staying power in the industry only comes from consistent 5-star service. Victors cellular number is (209) 652-7233-give him a call. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
Lasher in Elk Grove is the only place to buy a Chrysler product in northern CA. They will find exactly what you want, negotiate a price, bring it to their dealer (if it turns out to be a dealer trade), have you drive and accept it BEFORE doing the contract to make it yours. No surprises! Victor Macias is the salesperson to see. My family has bought several cars from Victor over the last decade. He is a true professional; he was at his last dealership for about 20 years and only left when it went out of business in 2008 and has been at Lasher every since. Such staying power in the industry only comes from consistent 5-star service. Victors cellular number is (209) 652-7233-give him a call. Good luck!

Thanks for the recommendation, Craig! I've also heard good things about Lasher but it was particular to their Subaru and other nameplate dealers. The bummer is they don't have a single Pacifica, gas or hybrid on their website at the moment. I wonder if they have no interest in carrying them? Special order only? Thanks, again!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 09:35 PM

Garage
Not sure if you have ever bought a dealer trade. I'll use my own Pacifica purchase experience as an example. I called Victor to ascertain that he was available. I had looked on their website and already knew that they didn't have anything in stock that I wanted. I live about a mile away, so I went over and sat down at the computer with Victor. I told him the color that I wanted, the packages, and the options. He found an exact match at a dealer near Fresno. We hammered out a price that I do not believe that I could have gotten anywhere else, at least not locally. He sent a driver to retrieve the van and called me in the morning after it arrived. Before I arrived, he had it detailed and ready to go. We test drove it; it was exactly as we expected. We went in and signed the contracts that were exactly as we had agreed to the day before. Now, I did get a new vehicle with 140 miles on it (from bringing it here), but it was the exact vehicle that I wanted at a low Lasher price (over $10,000 off MSRP).

Hope that this information is helpful. Additionally, both my 81 year old mom and I have had Lasher/Victor get us our vehicles in this manner on several occasions. My Mom really likes Victor-I'm pretty sure that if he started selling Yugo's, she would buy one! LOL!
RC Mike and Kamex009 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 11:05 PM

I wish someone from SoCal had a similar experience that would be willing to share it ...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
Not sure if you have ever bought a dealer trade. I'll use my own Pacifica purchase experience as an example. I called Victor to ascertain that he was available. I had looked on their website and already knew that they didn't have anything in stock that I wanted. I live about a mile away, so I went over and sat down at the computer with Victor. I told him the color that I wanted, the packages, and the options. He found an exact match at a dealer near Fresno. We hammered out a price that I do not believe that I could have gotten anywhere else, at least not locally. He sent a driver to retrieve the van and called me in the morning after it arrived. Before I arrived, he had it detailed and ready to go. We test drove it; it was exactly as we expected. We went in and signed the contracts that were exactly as we had agreed to the day before. Now, I did get a new vehicle with 140 miles on it (from bringing it here), but it was the exact vehicle that I wanted at a low Lasher price (over $10,000 off MSRP).

Hope that this information is helpful. Additionally, both my 81 year old mom and I have had Lasher/Victor get us our vehicles in this manner on several occasions. My Mom really likes Victor-I'm pretty sure that if he started selling Yugo's, she would buy one! LOL!

Appreciate the recommendation. Iíll contact Victor and see what can be done. Any experience with their service dept?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 01:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiggity40 View Post
Appreciate the recommendation. Iíll contact Victor and see what can be done. Any experience with their service dept?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely a Five Star service department, but a very busy one due to the large sales volume. Other than oil changes, I try to make an appointment when possible, but they work with you when you need to drop it off unscheduled. There is a real young service advisor named Matt Wirth that I always go to. He treats me exceptionally well-guess I remind him of his grandpa. LOL.

I had a new 2011 Ram 1500 that had electric windows/locks, but no remote bobble. It had a regular key. To get the remote, it appeared that I had to buy a remote start kit. The service department wasn't sure whether it would work or not. My wife wanted the bobble so I told them to keep the truck as long as needed to see if they could make it work. The truck was there three days and they were successful in making it work. Stating that since they had sold me the part and used my truck as a lab rat, they charged me a small token fee (less than $100) for the labor.

My experience has been Five Star in all departments at Lasher. Last year a bud of mine called and told me that he had tried to buy a truck there during a Memorial Day sale and felt that he had been jerked around. I suggested that he may have gotten an unexperienced sales rep and gave him Victor's number. He contacted Victor, and bought his new truck the next day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in