Tusk White Pearl Coat AKA Luxury White Chrysler Pacifica Owners Picture Thread - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 158 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoncaravanman View Post
What I was told was that it unless the market calls for it, is not going to be one of the higher production colors like bright white etc. So, I didn't mean it to sound like only 500 would be made like it was a limited number or anything like that.
Ah, so the dealer that you talked to thinks that Tusk White will be an unpopular color. That makes sense, I don't see terribly many off-white cars.

Everything I've read here still leads me to believe that this will be a pearl coat. Several dealership websites list it as such, even if the official Chrysler web page does not. I would guess that the salesmen that people have talked to that claim it's "metallic" are either dumbing-down their knowledge or simply don't know better. My salesman was able to answer almost none of my questions correctly without looking up the answers for me and getting back to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 158 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 10:20 PM

[QUOTE=Damoncaravanman;23089]I ordered the Tusk White Limited, to be built 9/6

Damoncaravan, did your van get built today? My tusk was scheduled for shipping today (ordered 8/1). Just called Chrysler and it still in D1 status.

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
Tusk White/Mocha, 20" wheels
Tow, SafetyTec, Uconnect Theater & Sound, 7 seat, vac
post #23 of 158 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 10:32 PM

[quote=Boomage;24201]
Quote:
I ordered the Tusk White Limited, to be built 9/6

Damoncaravan, did your van get built today? My tusk was scheduled for shipping today (ordered 8/1). Just called Chrysler and it still in D1 status.
I ordered on 7/29.....I emailed Matt saying today is the day......here is the email I got.....

"Hi. I pulled our 21 ski boat home last night and had no problems. It really did great on the highway. How big is your camper?
Talked to someone at the plant and think I will be able get some pictures tomorrow. Looks like it might drop in to general assembly then which will help alleviate your long weekend fears "

Damon
1985 Dodge Caravan LE cream w/wood
1985 Dodge Caravan LE mink brown w/wood
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Tusk White
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 158 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 10:42 PM

Just got off the phone with Chrysler. Finally being built. Currently in "E" status.

post #25 of 158 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomage View Post
Just got off the phone with Chrysler. Finally being built. Currently in "E" status.
What number did you call?

Damon
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 158 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 11:46 PM

Quote:
What number did you call?
800-334-9200 option 1 then option 0. You will speak to a real person. They will ask for your vin and/or von#.

post #27 of 158 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 05:42 PM

Garage
Finally did the test drive with the wife on Tuesday, and negotiated pricing over email today. Dropping by dealer tomorrow to order and to place a deposit. Fully loaded tusk/mocha, but we're going with the 8 passenger seating and passing on the vacuum in favor of a spare.
BrettP likes this.
post #28 of 158 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAMC View Post
Finally did the test drive with the wife on Tuesday, and negotiated pricing over email today. Dropping by dealer tomorrow to order and to place a deposit. Fully loaded tusk/mocha, but we're going with the 8 passenger seating and passing on the vacuum in favor of a spare.
putting down a deposit? why?

Damon
several other cars

post #29 of 158 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 12:09 AM

FYI - I didn't put a deposit down on mine when it was ordered.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
post #30 of 158 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 07:44 AM

Garage
I've always placed a deposit down on cars that I've ordered (BMW M5 with specific interior color, recent launch edition Mazda MX5, working on a Porsche 991 now) or wait listed on (BMW M4/M2 when they first came out). I mainly do it as a measure of good faith, and ensure that it is completely refundable based on conditions that I set.

I know it's just a minivan, but I'm just used to doing it that way. I've owned two Odyssey Touring Elites in the last 5 years. It's no fun to buy them. Pick an exterior color, pick an interior color, and you're done. Chrysler has a bunch of options, which for me is intriguing.
BrettP likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page