Sunroof joy - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Sunroof joy

Not sure if this type of photo belongs here, but i snapped this on way home after dinner and thought this forum might enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PSX_20180922_212520.jpg (98.1 KB, 319 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 09:37 PM

Great shot!! I love my panoramic too!!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommavan View Post
Not sure if this type of photo belongs here, but i snapped this on way home after dinner and thought this forum might enjoy
Oh my goodness that is gorgeous!!! After seeing this, I am so glad I decided to wait to find a Pac with a sunroof (they are, for some reason, very hard to find near me). Thanks for sharing!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdw View Post
Oh my goodness that is gorgeous!!! After seeing this, I am so glad I decided to wait to find a Pac with a sunroof (they are, for some reason, very hard to find near me). Thanks for sharing!
I specifically ordered one without a sunroof. Every vehicle I've owned with a sunroof have leaked. With three different sunroofs thats three times more likely to have a leak. Especially when you expect to drive for the next 15-20 years. Another reason is windows are the worst insulator for heat/cold and noise. The main reason tho is because of leaks
froglips likes this.

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 02:29 PM

Garage
Great shot !!...have to admit, I rarely open my shades on mine down here during the Florida Summer.......just too hot !...was thinking of getting it ceramic filmed to help with the heat.

2017 Bright white Limited
Black/alloy, advanced safety pack,
U-connect theater. Tri-pane roof. Verde Invictus 22"
Quite a few custom modifications and lots more to come .
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 04:45 PM

Garage
Beautiful shot. !
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 10:17 AM

Nice! We didn't order the pano either, but it came with the car. My toddler loves it, especially when going through the car wash!

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 07:58 AM

WOW, what a shot, I would frame that.
Glad the Limited came with that tri-pane roof.

2017 Limited Tuskwhite, built July 17, 2017, 5PM
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
I specifically ordered one without a sunroof. Every vehicle I've owned with a sunroof have leaked. With three different sunroofs thats three times more likely to have a leak. Especially when you expect to drive for the next 15-20 years. Another reason is windows are the worst insulator for heat/cold and noise. The main reason tho is because of leaks

I was thinking of that very issue, but I've asked 3 different car dealers (2 of which I personally have known since we were little) and they all said that yes, it's still possible but it's much less likely to do so than they used to; you just have to check the material for cracks/defects, etc on a semi regular basis as things do age and wear out. I'm still a little leary of getting one, but I also think it would add so much enjoyment to the vehicle that it's worth it even if it did happen to need repairing.

How old were your vehicles when they started to leak, if you don't mind my asking?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdw View Post
I was thinking of that very issue, but I've asked 3 different car dealers (2 of which I personally have known since we were little) and they all said that yes, it's still possible but it's much less likely to do so than they used to; you just have to check the material for cracks/defects, etc on a semi regular basis as things do age and wear out. I'm still a little leary of getting one, but I also think it would add so much enjoyment to the vehicle that it's worth it even if it did happen to need repairing.

How old were your vehicles when they started to leak, if you don't mind my asking?
The most recent is our 2013 Jeep Patriot, It started to leak about 18 months after I bought it. Prior to that I had a Dodge Srt-4 It was a 2005 and it started leaking in 2009. Through my work I get access to the chilton library and the Jeep Patriot had a service bulletin go out sometime in 2015 I think. My grandma had a saturn and her sunroof leaked. My Mom and Great Grandma had a chrysler sebring and both leaked. We hardly use our sunroof in the jeep as it is so the we just said too much risk for not so much reward.

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page