Posts awaiting moderation? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Posts awaiting moderation?

New member here. I seem to have about a 25% success ratio in posting. Most of the time when I try to post, I get a message about waiting for moderator approval and the post seems to disappear into the ether, never to show up. And yet a couple of times my posts went right on through. There's no rhyme or reason for the difference that I can tell. Is there something I'm missing here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Not that I'm aware of, but I've seen this occur with a handful of members. Let's see if the Admins can chime in.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Ironically, shortly after I posted this, one of my blocked posts appeared in my New Member Introductions thread. In duplicate. Go figure.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red MC View Post
Ironically, shortly after I posted this, one of my blocked posts appeared in my New Member Introductions thread. In duplicate. Go figure.
That's because after seeing your post here, I went to that other thread and approved the posts that were pending. But I'm not sure why they required approval in the first place.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
New member here. I seem to have about a 25% success ratio in posting. Most of the time when I try to post, I get a message about waiting for moderator approval and the post seems to disappear into the ether, never to show up. And yet a couple of times my posts went right on through. There's no rhyme or reason for the difference that I can tell. Is there something I'm missing here?
Very odd. It shows you as a registered user under the moderator toolbox. There is a choice for new user awaiting moderator approval but that doesn't apply to you. Unfortunately I'm not an admin either so hopefully one chimes in on your issue as GeneralTso mentioned.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 09:41 AM

Not meant to hijack, but you guys don't always get the thanks you deserve. This must be al ot of work to manage and I'm sure you have day jobs. Thank you for keeping us informed /entertained!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrez View Post
Not meant to hijack, but you guys don't always get the thanks you deserve. This must be al ot of work to manage and I'm sure you have day jobs. Thank you for keeping us informed /entertained!
Thanks for the thanks!

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Hey there

The only thing that moderates posts here would be the spam settings. It looks for keywords and strings that it recognizes as a potential issue. We don't have access to the database that the spam plugin uses, but quite often on auto sites, it looks as though it catch the models that are a combination of letters and numbers, much like the CX-9 you referenced in your first post.

It's not a perfect system, but it does help limit what the community sees

Sorry for the trouble! The spam plugin only scans the first few posts, so you are beyond its reach now.

Dayle
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificaAdmin View Post
Hey there

The only thing that moderates posts here would be the spam settings. It looks for keywords and strings that it recognizes as a potential issue. We don't have access to the database that the spam plugin uses, but quite often on auto sites, it looks as though it catch the models that are a combination of letters and numbers, much like the CX-9 you referenced in your first post.

It's not a perfect system, but it does help limit what the community sees

Sorry for the trouble! The spam plugin only scans the first few posts, so you are beyond its reach now.

Dayle
Thanks for the explanation Dayle! Is there a setting that we can enable so that moderators are alerted when a post is awaiting moderation? The ones that I've seen I just happened to stumble upon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page