comparing Grand Caravan GT & Pacifica - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjk5467 View Post
Leather gets super hot in the summer, cloth is nice and cool without having to get super premium perforated leather.
Leather sticks to skin if you wear shorts. Yuck.
Leather is harder to repair.
I know this is a futile argument. How do i know, because I used to say all of those things until I owned my first car with leather. Leather does not equal 80's vinyl. The hot and sticky argument was definitely the case with vinyl but not so with leather. A repair is a repair. If you tear fabric a repair is also going to be ugly. I think that they have come a long way with all automotive interiors. The cloth, leather and even the simulated leather (non-touch) surfaces are all much better than they were 20 years ago. But, the argument that cloth is better is a hard sell for me.

Just my $.02

2018 PacHy Limited, Molten Silver, Mocha, w/sunroof Dealer order converted to sold 9/27/17, arrived 12/1/17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljnelson109 View Post
I know this is a futile argument. How do i know, because I used to say all of those things until I owned my first car with leather. Leather does not equal 80's vinyl. The hot and sticky argument was definitely the case with vinyl but not so with leather. A repair is a repair. If you tear fabric a repair is also going to be ugly. I think that they have come a long way with all automotive interiors. The cloth, leather and even the simulated leather (non-touch) surfaces are all much better than they were 20 years ago. But, the argument that cloth is better is a hard sell for me.

Just my $.02
Not futile. I'm open to new information. I'll reduce my cloth pros to the skin sticking and perhaps super heated seats when it sits in the sun. I could go either way, personally.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

A little more cushioning would be nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjk5467 View Post
Not futile. I'm open to new information. I'll reduce my cloth pros to the skin sticking and perhaps super heated seats when it sits in the sun. I could go either way, personally.
One thing I think I notice is that leather seats seem to have less give to them. Whether that is true or not, I do think the current craze (actually been going on for quite a few yrs now) toward firmer and firmer seats bugs me. Some months back I rode in the back seat of a Dart, and it was like sitting on an upholstered concrete bench. I really don't find the Pacifica seats to be soft enough to suit me. Some of the engineers need to take a ride in our old '92 Caravan to see what a comfortable seat feels like. Maybe the enthusiast magazines' raving about how supportive these hard seats are is related to the general weight gain of the populace. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of padding on my backside.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Quadcab View Post
One thing I think
I do think the current craze (actually been going on for quite a few yrs now) toward firmer and firmer seats bugs me. Some months back I rode in the back seat of a Dart, and it was like sitting on an upholstered concrete bench. I really don't find the Pacifica seats to be soft enough to suit me. Some of the engineers need to take a ride in our old '92 Caravan to see what a comfortable seat feels like. Maybe the enthusiast magazines' raving about how supportive these hard seats are is related to the general weight gain of the populace. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of padding on my backside.
I completely agree with this statement. I need some really comfortable seats. I don't need more support. I have enough support from my bones.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 12:13 PM

Isn't it easier to make a firm seat softer (pad or pad cover) than a soft seat firmer?

The GC I had for 3 days were way too soft for me.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
2017 Pacifica Hybrid Platinum
Drove 2017 Pacifica Touring L (loaner)
Previously 2014 Sienna SE, 2010 Sienna SE, 2004 Sienna LE
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 01:20 PM

The arguments about the differences with hot weather and leather isn't approaching the concerns for below -15 C. With cloth seats I found the shock of the cold on the ass-end is much more comfortable than the leather seats. Heated leather is so nice. But no leather in my Caravan. The span of time I might be talking about here is for the first 4 or so minutes. But its my opinion and I can be a crybaby for 5 minutes if I want to.

I'm a fan of the firm seat. After 5 hours I don't have to get out to stretch. No slouching. Semi-firm under-knee support keeps my leg circulation proper. I also use cruise much of the time so that helps. If the family is with me we stop for meals. Otherwise lets go go go.

One comment about the seats is I like how the headrests in the trucks seem to be leaning forward to nearly make contact for head support. The gap on my GC certainly doesn't protect me from whiplash. Some of the other vehicles have the headrest that shoots forward to catch you. A mini reverse airbag if you will.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 08:19 AM

Any guesses about what the 2018 changes will be for the Dodge GC, except of course for the airbags.

I?m predicting a new front / rear end, completely revamped interior (including seats), HID/ LED headlights for the upper trims, new colors and rims and possibly the S package. Well, Okay,......there?s nothing wrong in wishing....right.....? .

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 11:47 PM

Can anyone from the Windsor plant comment on the changes if they can see it?

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 02:35 PM

We have had our 2018 Pac S for a month now, had a rental Pac for a 2week roadtrip before purchasing. Needles to say we fell in love with the Pac.

Just came home from four days having a rental GC in Houston. OMG the ride in GC is horrible! Itís very harsh and unforgiving. Chrysler made leaps and bounds improvements with the Pac. Very comfortable. Stay away from the GC in my opinion for just this reason alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Any guesses about what the 2018 changes will be for the Dodge GC, except of course for the airbags.

I?m predicting a new front / rear end, completely revamped interior (including seats), HID/ LED headlights for the upper trims, new colors and rims and possibly the S package. Well, Okay,......there?s nothing wrong in wishing....right.....? .
My guess is that they will let the Dodge GC die a slow death. Milking it like the last years of the PT Cruiser.

2018 Touring L
Collapsible spare tire kit
WeatherTech window deflectors, floor mats, and cargo liner
State-issued Vietnam Veteran License plate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page