Pacifica vs 2018 Odyssey - Page 4 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapflapflap View Post
Why the childish ridicule?

The Odyssey, at least in my opinion, feels more comfortable to drive and the seats in the middle row are much more comfortable. It does look more luxurious both on the inside and outside. It is also a more reliable car.

I am seeing more Pacificas on the road which means it's a solid car and rightfully so, but the design of the Pacifica is already looking outdated. Makes sense though given it's the cheaper car.
Some of us are probably wondering why you are posting in this forum? You have already decided that the Pacifica is not for you. Perhaps you should join an Odyssey forum like this one? I'm still a member there, as I am a former Odyssey owner.

However, if you are open to an alternate opinion, stick around, read and ask questions. We really are a nice bunch, but we do kid around a bit.

Style is always an opinion. My opinion is that the Pacifica looks nicer, more graceful, less weird. And IMO, the interior is far more inviting, the dash looks less like a piece of Sanyo stereo equipment.

I don't think the Pacifica is a cheaper car. The pricing is almost identical to the Odyssey, model for model comparison. The Pacifica is discounted more, as Honda and Chrysler have very different marketing philosophies. My Pacifica is far more solid feeling than my Odyssey ever was. In every respect is seems like a more expensive car.

I'll give you the comfort of the middle row seats. They are way more comfortable than the Pacifica seats. I've accepted that trade off for the benefit of Stow and Go design. I frequently have a need to have the carrying space, and removing the 70 lb. seats from the Odyssey was a backbreaking chore. I'm too old for that, never again!

As for quality, my Odyssey was mostly trouble free in six years and 87K miles of use, except for replacing two sets of front brake rotors, lots of rattles, and a stubborn sliding door that was never fixed properly. The engine is great, but I wasn't looking forward to replacing the timing belt in a year or so. Click on the forum I've linked above. You will see Honda has lots of problems too. There are frequent laments that the quality has dropped for the 2018's compared to the previous 2011-2017 series.
Bond007 and Longtimemopar like this.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

The Odyssey, at least in my opinion, feels more comfortable to drive and the seats in the middle row are much more comfortable. It does look more luxurious both on the inside and outside. It is also a more reliable car.

I am seeing more Pacificas on the road which means it's a solid car and rightfully so, but the design of the Pacifica is already looking outdated. Makes sense though given it's the cheaper car.
You do realize that this is a Pacifica forum. Right?

Yea that Ody interior is so luxurious with the fake moulded stitching and unlined cupholders and cubbies. lol.

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite

Last edited by Norbert; 08-24-2018 at 01:35 PM.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 11:56 AM

Garage
Feeding the you-know-what...

'18 Pacifica LTD, GCM

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 01:52 PM

My wife and I have been driving bmw's and lexus's for the better part of this century. With a baby in the house, I decided a minnvan is required. We couldn't get out of the honda dealership fast enough after driving the odessy. It was so bad I was embarresed to my wife for recomending we go try it.

It took several months and a 'serendipitous', "oh the dealer is right here, lets just take a quick look" to get my wife to even look at another minivan. She wouldn't even get out of our car, until I came back from the first test drive extremely happy. That quick look at the Pachy turnied into a multi hour, "lets drive it again with the baby",etc ,etc, and a new van in the driveway within the week.

This difference was so great, that it stirred up patriotic feelings of proud to be an American, even though the Pachy is built in Canada. I can't imagin how someone can sit in the Odyssey and think the interior is anything but a larger version of a 1995 honda civic. In fact, I just googled a 1995 civic, and the photos show it looks even better than the Odyssey.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Feeding the you-know-what...
You're probably right. I should have peeked under the bridge.
Longtimemopar and Toast like this.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:

Folks who disagree with you are not necessarily using ridicule nor childish.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Why the childish ridicule? .

The time when you realize that it was your original statement that sounded childish to most of the people reading this thread, is the time when everything will begin to make sense to you.
Welcome aboard anyway.
We do need some entertainment here at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Longtimemopar likes this.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in