Features you would like added to Pacifica Hybrid - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 12:04 PM

To Start with, why not at least offer all the features of the limited where possible ie (Stow and Go mid seating not with standing)

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Black/Deep Mocha interior with Deep Mocha seats
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6 engine with ESS
Customer Preferred Package 27
Hands−Free Sliding Door & Liftgate Group
AdvanTec Safety Group
Tri-Pane Sunroof
20" Tire & Wheel Group
Uconnect Theatre & Sound Group
Trailer Tow Group
KeySense
ManuDate: June 24 @Midnight
Purchase New: March 2018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 03:43 PM

I've been looking at this vehicle for our family and was surprised to see in this post that the engine can turn on when plugged in. Is that just a typo or am I misunderstanding what was written? Seems like it would be bad if you plug it in your garage and the engine randomly turns one while charging. Thanks!

<I was referring to post 6, should have quoted it, sorry about that>
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh33 View Post
I've been looking at this vehicle for our family and was surprised to see in this post that the engine can turn on when plugged in. Is that just a typo or am I misunderstanding what was written? Seems like it would be bad if you plug it in your garage and the engine randomly turns one while charging. Thanks!

Only if you leave it "ON" otherwise, no it won't just randomly turn the engine on when plugged in.

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh33 View Post

What @Breezy was suggesting in post 6 was an option to allow the Pac to be remote "started" when plugged in to pre-warm the cabin in cold weather without having the engine run. As it is now, if you would like to warm it up before you depart, there is no option to prevent the engine from starting even if it is plugged in. It would be nice to be able to warm it up in your garage using house current and have the ability to prevent the engine from running. Right now, the Pac will start the engine if it thinks it needs to when it is remote started, and that presents a potential hazard for those who have it parked in their garage.
Freedom_1976 likes this.

2018 Bright White Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Ordered: 15 SEP 2017
VIN: 19 SEP 2017
D1: 19 SEP 2017
Build sheet: 25 SEP 2017
JS: 28 SEP 2017
SL: 28 OCT 2017
KZ: 29 OCT 2017
Sticker: 30 OCT 2017
Dealer: 21 NOV 2017
Possession: 28 NOV 2017
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seo68 View Post
What @Breezy was suggesting in post 6 was an option to allow the Pac to be remote "started" when plugged in to pre-warm the cabin in cold weather without having the engine run. As it is now, if you would like to warm it up before you depart, there is no option to prevent the engine from starting even if it is plugged in. It would be nice to be able to warm it up in your garage using house current and have the ability to prevent the engine from running. Right now, the Pac will start the engine if it thinks it needs to when it is remote started, and that presents a potential hazard for those who have it parked in their garage.
thanks @Norbert and @seo68 - That makes a lot of sense. Hopefully those changes will come out in the future.

We look forward to being able to take our whole family around town using only electric miles!
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 11:43 PM

All Wheel Drive. I don't know if other vans have it or not and I'm sure it's not something that's easy to do but man it would be nice. It probably isn't that import to folks in the Southern States but it's really nice to have here up North. If I didn't have my truck (4x4) I probably wouldn't have made the purchase only because of that.

2018 Touring Plus, S Package, 20" Wheels
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocnarf View Post
These are a couple features I would like added to my Pacifica Hybrid:

1) Ability to turn on and off the Backup Camera while driving forward. This feature would improve rear visibility, particularly when the interior is filled with packages that are obstructing the view through the rearview mirror.

2) The onboard camera's to have the ability to be turned on and act as a "DashCam", making recordings to a USB drive.

What features would you like to have added?
I'm not sure about the Hybrid but on the Limited if you go into the apps menu and go to the last page there is a surround camera app that allows you to turn on camera at any time. We still have to wait on the the dash cam though!
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 03:12 PM

Garage
An EV mode button....

A way to open windows with the remote (as my 2005 odyssey...)

2019 Black Touring-L Hybrid Pacifica S
Alpine 13 speakers system
Verde V10 Influx with Nexen N Priz RH7a (summer)
Stock black Noise 18'' wheel Studded Gislaved Nordfrost 200 (winter)

Last edited by Freedom_1976; 08-19-2018 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Forget something

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page