Odyssey EXL equals Pacifica TL+? - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 02:00 PM
Member
 
DannyMcD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglips View Post
Not really. The Honda is a great van, but if you actually need to haul any large furniture or bulky building material you will soon change your mind. Not having to leave seats behind in the garage or not being able to remove them by yourself changes your mind. We previously owned a Grand Caravan and were able to haul 2 full size recliners still in the boxes, 4x8 plywood and auction purchases that without Stow and Go would have meant renting a truck. After having this kind of convenience anything less is just that, LESS. We only have one vehicle so the Pacificas Stow & Go was the deciding factor when we looked to replace our 2014 Grand Caravan. If passengers are all you are transporting the Honda will be great, it simply doesn't have the Pacificas overall flexibility.
I'm sorry but that doesn't make much sense, even when you go to an auction and you're not sure what you're going to end up with, you know you're going to buy something, you take out the seats ahead of time, you can't tell me that you once drove somewhere with 7 people in the stow-n-go van, bought something that required you to fold away all the seats and had your passengers get a ride back with someone else. It's a nice feature but it has it's limitations in positioning, the other vans have more positioning but at the expense of some planning and semi heavy lifting. the honda has more floor to ceiling height, i can roll my 29er mtn bike into them without taking off the front wheel, the Pac i have to take it off, again a wash because I don't have to take out the seat but i do have to take off the front wheel.
DannyMcD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 11:38 AM
Member
 
DannyMcD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglips View Post
Not really. The Honda is a great van, but if you actually need to haul any large furniture or bulky building material you will soon change your mind. Not having to leave seats behind in the garage or not being able to remove them by yourself changes your mind. We previously owned a Grand Caravan and were able to haul 2 full size recliners still in the boxes, 4x8 plywood and auction purchases that without Stow and Go would have meant renting a truck. After having this kind of convenience anything less is just that, LESS. We only have one vehicle so the Pacificas Stow & Go was the deciding factor when we looked to replace our 2014 Grand Caravan. If passengers are all you are transporting the Honda will be great, it simply doesn't have the Pacificas overall flexibility.
Have you ever tried putting a bike in it upright without taking off the wheel? Can't all of the vans can fit 4x8 plywood? Can't they all fit 2 recliners still in boxes (the sienna can do this without removing the seats as well because you can tilt them forward and then slide them forward to where they only take up about 18" behind the front seat.)

IMHO the stow-n-go is kinda overrated for daily use, and the few times you use it, depending on the circumstances, at best, it's only moderately better. The biggest feature the Pacifica comes with is the extra $9,000 in your pocket you don't spend on a Sienna or Odyssey.
DannyMcD is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 01:07 PM
Member
 
DannyMcD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 84
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglips View Post
Not really. The Honda is a great van, but if you actually need to haul any large furniture or bulky building material you will soon change your mind. Not having to leave seats behind in the garage or not being able to remove them by yourself changes your mind. We previously owned a Grand Caravan and were able to haul 2 full size recliners still in the boxes, 4x8 plywood and auction purchases that without Stow and Go would have meant renting a truck. After having this kind of convenience anything less is just that, LESS. We only have one vehicle so the Pacificas Stow & Go was the deciding factor when we looked to replace our 2014 Grand Caravan. If passengers are all you are transporting the Honda will be great, it simply doesn't have the Pacificas overall flexibility.
Yeah you're right, totally agree.
DannyMcD is offline  
 
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 11:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Independence MO
Posts: 72
try the reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMcD View Post
I'm sorry but that doesn't make much sense, even when you go to an auction and you're not sure what you're going to end up with, you know you're going to buy something, you take out the seats ahead of time, you can't tell me that you once drove somewhere with 7 people in the stow-n-go van, bought something that required you to fold away all the seats and had your passengers get a ride back with someone else. It's a nice feature but it has it's limitations in positioning, the other vans have more positioning but at the expense of some planning and semi heavy lifting. the honda has more floor to ceiling height, i can roll my 29er mtn bike into them without taking off the front wheel, the Pac i have to take it off, again a wash because I don't have to take out the seat but i do have to take off the front wheel.
I've done the reverse in my Stow & Go Caravan on several occasions. Folded the seats down, loaded up the van with lots of junk, even a large love seat one time, driven to my destination (250 mi or 600 mi), unloaded, then put the seats up and hauled 6-7 passengers around town. Try that in a van where you have to remove the seats! And don't forget, those seats are heavy and hard to lift out.
04Quadcab is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 03:17 PM
Member
 
DannyMcD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Quadcab View Post
I've done the reverse in my Stow & Go Caravan on several occasions. Folded the seats down, loaded up the van with lots of junk, even a large love seat one time, driven to my destination (250 mi or 600 mi), unloaded, then put the seats up and hauled 6-7 passengers around town. Try that in a van where you have to remove the seats! And don't forget, those seats are heavy and hard to lift out.
Haha maybe for a puny mortal they're heavy, but not to a father of 3. But that is a good point I never considered the reverse situation where you take stuff then take people. I still have a suburban and I think I've actually done that exact scenario in it when I was helping someone move. I just put floor mats in the back of my Pac, and the stow and go is now a hassle, I wish someone made them cut out specifically for the stow and go....wait, I have an Idea and a razorblade...Muhahahaha. I feel a new instructable post coming on.
DannyMcD is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 03:46 PM
Senior Member
 
stop-eject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: MD
Posts: 1,620
Garage
Even comparing feature by feature can be tough. For example, Honda ACC works only above 28MPH, while Pac works at any speed. Makes a world of difference in the real world use.
II Kings 9:20 and seo68 like this.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***
stop-eject is online now  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
Even comparing feature by feature can be tough. For example, Honda ACC works only above 28MPH, while Pac works at any speed. Makes a world of difference in the real world use.
And the Accord ACC works down to 0 MPH. THAT makes no sense that the Ody is not all speed ACC. Almost pointless.

2017 Touring White/Grey.
II Kings 9:20 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pacifica vs 2018 Odyssey cyph Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Versus The Competition 68 09-18-2017 12:51 PM
Mopar Videos aork 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica PHEV Hybrid General Discussion 0 04-28-2017 08:47 PM
Highlights of the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica: Everything you Love about it PacificaAdmin 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica News 6 09-06-2016 12:04 AM
Official Pricing from $28,595 joet67 Dealers, Purchasing and Ordering 7 07-21-2016 09:41 PM
Official Press Release joet67 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan General Discussion 0 01-28-2016 02:56 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome