Odyssey EXL equals Pacifica TL+? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Odyssey EXL equals Pacifica TL+?

I shortlisted Odyssey and Pacifica for our first van. There are just so many trim levels and features that it seems so hard to have an apple to apple comparison. For me it appears that Odyssey EXL is roughly Pacifica TL+? and Odyssey EX is about the same level of Pacifica Touring Plus? Does it look about right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 08:33 AM

Odyssey EXL equals Pacifica TL+?

It is always hard to compare trim levels of different makes since the packaging is different. All you need to do is create a list of features which you care about and see which model and make fits that. There was a pdf created by one of the forum members and Iíll post it when I find that.
BTW with Honda you get almost all the safety features standard at lower trim levels and with Pacifica the higher you go , the better the interior becomes. Honda has better refined engine , better reliability and a brand new transmission for higher trims but little short on workmanship and the Pacifica has better technology and good quality workmanship. Take your pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

Last edited by Bond007; 03-20-2018 at 08:38 AM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunternm View Post
I shortlisted Odyssey and Pacifica for our first van. There are just so many trim levels and features that it seems so hard to have an apple to apple comparison. For me it appears that Odyssey EXL is roughly Pacifica TL+? and Odyssey EX is about the same level of Pacifica Touring Plus? Does it look about right?
Odyssey EX-L = Touring L
Odyssey EX-L w/ navigation and entertainment package is closer to Touring L Plus

Chrysler really needs to work on their naming

the "Touring L plus" standard upgrades are: a larger screen in the dash, a nicer & larger screen in the gauge cluster, Heated second row seats, 2x 10" screens w/ wireless headphones and remotes with touch pads and DVD player, and an upgraded 560w stereo.

The Odyssey EX-L comes with a moonroof standard.
The Odyssey EX-L with nav adds a larger dash screen (i think) standard.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

it will be awesome if you can locate the PDF file. Really appreciate it.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMcD View Post
Odyssey EX-L = Touring L
Odyssey EX-L w/ navigation and entertainment package is closer to Touring L Plus

Chrysler really needs to work on their naming

the "Touring L plus" standard upgrades are: a larger screen in the dash, a nicer & larger screen in the gauge cluster, Heated second row seats, 2x 10" screens w/ wireless headphones and remotes with touch pads and DVD player, and an upgraded 560w stereo.

The Odyssey EX-L comes with a moonroof standard.
The Odyssey EX-L with nav adds a larger dash screen (i think) standard.
Thanks. What trim level of Pacifica is roughly about Odyssey EX? I found that Odyssey EX does not have Lane Departure Warning just as the lower trims of Pacifica. Am I correct?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Thanks. What trim level of Pacifica is roughly about Odyssey EX? I found that Odyssey EX does not have Lane Departure Warning just as the lower trims of Pacifica. Am I correct?
I think the regular EX doesn't have leather so it would be like the Pacifica "Touring Plus"
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 03:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Honda doesn't have stow and go so it is NO comparison!
Tia3 likes this.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglips View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglips View Post
The Pacifica's seats don't slide left to right or front to back. I didn't think i was going to like or even use the stow n go that much, and i really don't need to but I do almost every time I go grocery shopping. That being said if i had an Odyssey I'd just slide the seat over and if i had a Sienna i would just slide it back, both of which are easier to do than the stow n go, so for comparison it's a wash.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 11:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMcD View Post
The Pacifica's seats don't slide left to right or front to back. I didn't think i was going to like or even use the stow n go that much, and i really don't need to but I do almost every time I go grocery shopping. That being said if i had an Odyssey I'd just slide the seat over and if i had a Sienna i would just slide it back, both of which are easier to do than the stow n go, so for comparison it's a wash.
Not really. The Honda is a great van, but if you actually need to haul any large furniture or bulky building material you will soon change your mind. Not having to leave seats behind in the garage or not being able to remove them by yourself changes your mind. We previously owned a Grand Caravan and were able to haul 2 full size recliners still in the boxes, 4x8 plywood and auction purchases that without Stow and Go would have meant renting a truck. After having this kind of convenience anything less is just that, LESS. We only have one vehicle so the Pacificas Stow & Go was the deciding factor when we looked to replace our 2014 Grand Caravan. If passengers are all you are transporting the Honda will be great, it simply doesn't have the Pacificas overall flexibility.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page