Latest Consumer Reports Reliability Ratings - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 6Likes
  • 1 Post By sjambok
  • 3 Post By PacificaMinivanFan
  • 2 Post By TechZeke

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Latest Consumer Reports Reliability Ratings

Here is the latest from Consumer Reports about the 12 Models Lose CR Recommendation Over Car Reliability Issues, with both the Pacifica and Odyssey falling because of electronics and more. The Odyssey is now listed in their 10 Least Reliable Cars as well!

12 Models.. = www consumerreports org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/car-reliability-issues-models-lose-cr-recommendation-car-reliability-survey/

10 Least = www consumerreports org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/10-least-reliable-cars/

Chrysler Pacifica: The Pacifica fell to below average. Top problems were a frozen or blank display screen, and navigation and radio problems. Transmission problems included the transmission computer. The company told us it had released over-the-air updates that resolved the Uconnect radio problems.

Honda Odyssey: The Odyssey minivan had much-worse-than-average reliability, with problems including the infotainment display freezing and losing all functionality, and power sliding doors that wouldn’t close. The Honda spokesman said that the automaker released over-the-air software updates. Software updates issued by Honda can be downloaded by the customer using any WiFi connection. As for the door problem, the spokesman said Honda is aware of some instances, and plans to issue a service bulletin with specific dealer repair guidance soon. Trouble spots: In-car electronics, power equipment, body hardware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 12:14 PM

Latest Consumer Reports Reliability Ratings

[QUOTE

Chrysler Pacifica: The Pacifica fell to below average. Top problems were a frozen or blank display screen, and navigation and radio problems. Transmission problems included the transmission computer. The company told us it had released over-the-air updates that resolved the Uconnect radio problems.[/QUOTE]

This is why I am so happy with leases. I know exactly what my cost will be and when I can walk away.
DRZ likes this.

Sjambok

2018 Touring L+
Gas
March 2018 Build
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 02:25 PM

I assume we are talking about 2017 models, correct? Our 2018 with 7,200 miles was built two years after full production on the new Pacifica generation began and has been flawless to date.
Bond007, froglips and seansd like this.

2018 Pacifica Touring L Plus (gas)
Built April 10, 2018 (Tuesday)
Molten silver exterior
Toffee cognac alloy interior (gray carpeting)
Advanced Safety Tech
18" tire/wheel group (Michelin Premier tires)
Spare tire kit w/tire, sealer and inflator
Mopar Lifetime warranty

Mods:
Lumar AIR 80 front side window tint.
Maxpider Kagu front mats (with thanks to thread started by Chase023 in Accessories and Add Ons forum).
Alla 7443 LED brake/turn signal bulbs (with thanks to Josef15111 sticky in Electronics forum).
iJDMTOY Amber CAN-bus PWY24W LED front turn signal bulbs (credit same Josef15111 sticky).
JDM ASTAR 1200 lumens LED backup bulbs (with thanks to KorbenD in LED Replacement Lights topic of Electronics subforum).
Catizon H11 LEDs CREE for fogs (with thanks to Stop-Eject in LED Replacement Lights topic; and for his instructions).
VLED Micro LED 9011 low-beams (with thanks to Fast55 for advice on beam pattern)
Viofo A119S dash cam (have A118 on my 4Runner)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 02:16 PM

My early build (5/17) Pacifica Touring has been flawless to date. Of course, except for the recalls, which I never had any of those problems either.

TomR00

-------------------------------------
2017 Pacifica Touring
Billit Metallic Silver
Build: 5/16
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 05:57 PM

No problems here either on my 2018.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 11:45 AM

The thing is, you need to look at the breakdown of their reliability data.

CR has 17 categories. You also have to remember that it is based on AVERAGE. If most vehicles are very reliable, one car could be knocked by having an issue in one category.

For example, CR says the Odyssey and Pacifica are below average, but the 2018 Pacifica had 5/5 in reliability in 15 categories(Engine, Transmission, suspension, etc.), 4/5 in the power equipment category, and then the 1/5 in the in-car electronics(basically infotainment). It’s a similar story even with the Odyssey.

So by CR’s own ratings, the Pacifica is very reliable mechanically getting you from point A to point B.

FCA needs to fix their the infotainment issues. It’s a shame its dragging such a great vehicle.
Bond007 and VanGo1 like this.

Last edited by TechZeke; 10-27-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page