Can the Pacifica replace the Caravan$$$ - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofstl View Post
I did not know the Pacifica L came with a 2nd row bench seat. Can you a L with full stow&go...and how much more is it?
nope, basically thats a LX then. The L has steel wheels, hub caps, bench 2nd row, black exterior handles, not ESS, no belly tray under the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Not sure what you mean by belly tray...with the bench seat are the "buckets" still there that are meant bfor the stow&go seats?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 04:13 PM

The Caravan is a decent van and if you absolutely have to buy new, it's a really good deal.

I had a 2012 T & C, so I basically had a tarted up Grand Caravan. I liked that van just fine (it was lost in an accident in November), but the Pacifica Touring L I have now is far and away quieter, smoother and all-around nicer than the T & C (also a Touring L) in just about every way.

So, for the price of a new, not very much content Grand Caravan, I can get a fairly loaded up Pacifica with 1 year's worth of miles on it. If I were going to drive my cars for the next 12+ years and 200,000 miles, maybe that extra year of newness would mean something. I'll put a 100,000+ miles on this one (barring any more accidents) and that it started 1 year old will make no difference.

If you are driving a vehicle 7 years or less, buying with a few miles on it will do nothing but allow you more vehicle for the same money. I've been buying slightly used vehicles for years. A 2003 Venture bought in 2003, the 2012 T & C bought in 2013, the 2018 Pacifica bought in 2018- all used. Even my 2007 Silverado bought with super low miles in 2010 which now has 160,000+.

My point is yes, the Grand Caravan will get the job done and is less expensive new than buying a Pacifica new...but why buy new? I'll take the much more optioned up vehicle with 15,000 miles any day.

Although I'm glad many of you do. That helps me out.
Bond007 and 6Gen like this.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 05:38 PM

Apparently, the Grand Caravan will continue to be made and sold for another couple of years...
Dodge Grand Caravan Continues Through 2019But Delayed for U.S. - The Drive

2018 Touring L
Collapsible spare tire kit
WeatherTech window deflectors, floor mats, and cargo liner
State-issued Vietnam Veteran License plate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoninDel View Post
Apparently, the Grand Caravan will continue to be made and sold for another couple of years...

Dodge Grand Caravan Continues Through 2019But Delayed for U.S. - The Drive

Dude, you are quoting a nearly two year old article that states the GC will be made for another two years. I believe the GC will probably continue for several more years. It doesnít make any sense to simply stop a best selling car and losing market share.
If people are not buying it, then itís a different matter (eg: nissan discontinuing the Quest).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 02:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
The Town & Country and Caravan were identical vehicles, so there would have been no difference in reliability. I've always been amused by the variance in ratings in Consumer Reports for such twin pairs that Chrysler/Dodge and Ford/Mercury built over the years. It just points out the glaring unreliability of such survey ratings.

Any Caravan you seen on the road that looks like the present vehicle (fifth generation) could be as old as 2008. The third and fourth generation Caravans (very similar in appearance) can be as old as 1996, and those are the ones that often look really beat out. So, if you see one, it is still running!
After years of reading Consumer Reports, I became annoyed with the manner in which it rated vehicles. All red circles, but its an American nameplate, so we don't recommend it; all black circles, but its a Toyota, so it is highly reliable. Their bias against american name plates / for foreign name plates is ridiculous. Oh well, I show my lack of support for them by refusing to subscribe.
Bond007 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page