Do Not buy a Chrsyler, especially the hybrid mini vans! - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By DoninDel

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Do Not buy a Chrsyler, especially the hybrid mini vans!

After the experience we have had with the 2017 Pacifica Hybrid Minivan and the bad experience of dealing with Chrysler Customer Care, we would recommend to stay away from Chrysler! We were Toyota owners and wanted to have a hybrid mini van and switched to the Pacifica. But, wish we had stayed with Toyota! The hybrid is not worth the switch to Chrysler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 09:04 AM

Sorry you had a bad experience, but you are in a minority.
I could not be more pleased with my 2018 Pacifica - and I've been driving since 1965.
mark and freddief73 like this.

2018 Touring L
Collapsible spare tire kit
WeatherTech window deflectors, floor mats, and cargo liner
State-issued Vietnam Veteran License plate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 09:18 AM

Garage
Well, there is not doubt that the hybrid version has been plagued with all type of issues according to posts in this and many other sites.

I have been driving the gas version and I'm really pleased with mine.

Chrysler's dealers are really bad supporting customers in my experience. Chrysler Head Quarter Support On Line is a lot better but still not perfect. With their help I could get a patch for UCONNECT that I could have installed myself but was forced to use a Second Dealer because the First one did not have a remote idea of what I was talking about.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced Safety Package is the way to Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

March 2018< 2018 Pacifica Touring L +
2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
Before 2008 - Hyundai Tucson, Sonata, Elantra, Mercury Mystique, Toyota Corolla.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 09:44 AM

Love my Pacifica Hybrid, I was smart enough to not buy a 2017 model due to the first year growing pains. I think its funny how people try and demoralize car manufactures when they buy houses and live with cracked foundations, bad drywall, walls that have more curve than a sherwood hockey stick. No matter what company/corporation, they want you just go"OH WELL" and give up. You would be surprised how the documentation of emails, registered letters, phone calls and contacting a lawyer yields results.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 04:50 PM

Garage
The problem I have with the Pacifica is: Why should the customer have to jump through hoops to make a headquarters do the work necessary to force their dealers to fix vehichles the first time, or maybe the second time or third time. Why some of these defects should be happening at all is not clear either. Yes, the Pacifica is a relatively new critter. The things that are being called out on this and other forums are not new systems. They are used on many other vehicles successfully. I'm thinking the 12 volt batteries, ESS, the Stop/Start, the electrically moved doors, the cruise control. Those things should not have the number of problems that they do. And when they do fail, the dealers should be able to resolve the issues quickly at no cost and minimal impact on the owners. Overall the Pacifica I bought is a fairly decent vehicle - but the failures and lack of urgency on the part of Chrysler to get them fixed makes me join with the OP. Be very careful in your decision to buy one until it has at least a couple more years service and proves itself a better, more reliable vehicle.

2018 Pacifica (Gas) Touring L
Manf: 18 Dec 2017, 0800 Hrs, Canada (that was a Monday)
Purchased 26 Jan 2018, 20 Miles, Fruitland Park, FL
Ext Color: Molten Silver
Int Color: Black / Alloy Interior Colors
Perforated Leather Trim Bucket Seats
Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT ENgine with ESS
Transmission: 9-Speed FWD Auto Trans

Perpetual Stop/Start Failure - terrible car as unknown future fails exceed the good.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&BsNu2108Pacifica View Post
Be very careful in your decision to buy one until it has at least a couple more years service and proves itself a better, more reliable vehicle.
We are among the group who waited at least two years after Chrysler ramped up production of the Pacifica in March of 2016 (they called them "2017" models). We have not had any issues so far at 9,100 miles. I would not hesitate to buy one now, but I continue to advise friends who ask to avoid the 2017 model.

2018 Pacifica Touring L Plus (gas)
Built April 10, 2018 (Tuesday)
Molten silver exterior
Toffee cognac alloy interior (gray carpeting)
Advanced Safety Tech
18" tire/wheel group (Michelin Premier tires)
Spare tire kit w/tire, sealer and inflator
Mopar Lifetime warranty

Mods:
Lumar AIR 80 front side window tint.
Maxpider Kagu front mats (with thanks to thread started by Chase023 in Accessories and Add Ons forum).
Alla 7443 LED brake/turn signal bulbs (with thanks to Josef15111 sticky in Electronics forum).
iJDMTOY Amber CAN-bus PWY24W LED front turn signal bulbs (credit same Josef15111 sticky).
JDM ASTAR 1200 lumens LED backup bulbs (with thanks to KorbenD in LED Replacement Lights topic of Electronics subforum).
Catizon H11 LEDs CREE for fogs (with thanks to Stop-Eject in LED Replacement Lights topic; and for his instructions).
VLED Micro LED 9011 low-beams (with thanks to Fast55 for advice on beam pattern)
Viofo A119S dash cam (have A118 on my 4Runner)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 11:31 AM

I'm one of the people who just couldn't wait any longer to replace my old minivan (2002 Chrysler Town and Country that was on its last legs) so I bought a 2017 model.

It currently has around 20,000 miles on it. It's had 2 check-engine-lights since I got it... in both cases, the dealer looked at it within a day, told me the car was still drivable and then replaced a part within a week. Not terribly convenient to have to take it in for those and the recalls, but they've generally gotten me in and out in a couple of hours.

My two prior vehicles were first year models, so I guess I'm used to having some issues when taking a chance on something brand new. But not all Pacifica Hybrids have problems, not even the 2017s.

2017 Jazz Blue Pacifica Hybrid Platinum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page