Latest Motortrend comparison of Odyssey vs. Pacifica - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:26 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...ica/ar-BBUKlkt

BEST FAMILY CAR!!
most of whom tried to make a go of it with two- and three-row crossovers but were finally tempted by the practicality of the minivan. Not a single defector regrets their decision; in fact, they wish they'd chosen a minivan from the start.

Minivans, however, require no compromises or optional equipment or packaging tweaks because they're designed from the ground up for this specific purpose.
Bond007 likes this.

2019 Pacifica Limited - Luxury White. Alloy/Black

Previous:
2005, 2008, 2015 Odyssey,
2017 Pacifica Limited - Tusk/Mocha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:27 AM

Automakers like Chrysler were smart to recognize this and have designed vans that look and drive like the vehicles you wanted to buy while offering more practicality and convenience than any other segment.
Bond007 likes this.

Previous:
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 11:12 PM

Garage
So what is with Consumer Reports and their bad ratings?

among others:
1975 Plymouth Valiant
1989 Plymouth Voyager
2005 Chrysler T&C
as of 4/4/2018
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Red Velvet w/Advanced Safety and upgraded audio

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltoppper View Post
So what is with Consumer Reports and their bad ratings?
If I recall it's mostly due to issues with the infotainment system.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 08:44 AM

So basically a three year old minivan beat the all newly designed best in class crossovers and sedans. Just attests to the design excellence of the Pacifica. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
So basically a three year old minivan beat the all newly designed best in class crossovers and sedans. Just attests to the design excellence of the Pacifica. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree 100% - as I have said many times - an SUV is a compromise compared to a van. Unless your purpose is towing or off road - a van is better in every way. I proudly drive my van in a neighborhood of Suburbans and Explorers and F150s.
#vansrule
Bond007 likes this.

Previous:
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 09:15 PM

When I looked at the article, the final results were in and the Pacifica won every comparison. I havenít looked at the Consumer Reports Auto Issue this year, but the 2018 version rated the Pacifica the 4th best vehicle for seniors. I mentioned that to our salesman wondering if Chrysler was going more for the family demographics. He said that relates to accessibility, convenience, and safety. Plus many seniors want to be available for their grandkids.
Waldo and froglips like this.

2018 Limited
Copper Pearl Coat Ext.
Black/Deep Mocha Int.
Harmon Kardon Sound
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced Safety Tec
Uconnect Theater
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 12:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by permitwriter View Post
When I looked at the article, the final results were in and the Pacifica won every comparison. I havenít looked at the Consumer Reports Auto Issue this year, but the 2018 version rated the Pacifica the 4th best vehicle for seniors. I mentioned that to our salesman wondering if Chrysler was going more for the family demographics. He said that relates to accessibility, convenience, and safety. Plus many seniors want to be available for their grandkids.
Exactly, we are a retired couple who had a Dodge Caravan we were replacing and planned to get an SUV this time. After checking out most SUVs in the price range the Pacifica came out as the best option for us old farts! After 17,000 miles still very satisfied with our Touring Plus S!

2018 Pacifica Touring Plus "S" 20" wheels.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteitle View Post
If I recall it's mostly due to issues with the infotainment system.

Right - and while I can see on some level why the system would result in less-than-stellar ratings, I also think reviewers focus a bit too much on that. Particularly in an age where most people are aware of and use technology regularly and know (for example) that they can plug in their phone and use a superior map/wayfinding app displayed on the screen instead of what comes stock, which is always inferior - these people instead want to know the things they've always wanted to know: how reliable is it? Does it drive well? Tell me about the safety features.

Certainly, people care about how well/poorly modern technology is integrated into the vehicle - that has really (and rightly) become an expectation - and that calculus should be included in whatever the final review conclusion/verdict happens to be. It's just that "infotainment issues" figure more than they should, I think, in the ultimate review of the vehicle.

2018 Limited (gas)
Bright white, Mocha interior
All options save Theater, S package, & vacuum delete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page