Took delivery Jan 2. My review , so far. - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

A year in and 20,000 miles. We love the Pacifica. I drove my wife's Audi A6 Quattro yesterday and realize that I hadn't been in it for several months. The Pacifica is our every day vehicle. We have been from Chicago to Cleveland 5 times, to Pennsylvania , Michigan, Wisconsin and more. This week we will be driving to Austin, TX.
We have had two oil changes so far and zero additional repairs. The only complaint is that the navigation system wants us to take unnecessary exits when traveling on Hwy 80.
I would trade it in for a hybrid but we like the HID headlights and the seat memory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 11:18 AM

Nice. The Pac is such a great road trip car. And you're right, I'd probably get a PacHy if they had the exact same features as my limited.

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnso28 View Post
It absolutely can be. You simply use the voice recognition function. I was able to have it find an address, enter it, and start the route guidance while driving down the interstate at 70mph. Give it a shot. It works well.
Yes, I figured that out but it is not convenient for a passenger to enter data
I find that the voice recognition for address is poor when actually driving. Itís is fine when parked. You (or rather the passenger) can also use the phone Uconnect app to send address to the car in case you find it otherwise difficult.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 12:20 PM

Garage
TIL that iPod is still a thing.
bryman likes this.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 12:37 PM

Cornfield, thank you very much for the updates all year! I have been following this forum for several months and the negative posts are making the decision to trade my Ody for a Pacifica a little scary. Your saga is good news.

I live in Illinois also, but probably a little over 100 miles SW of you in a small city outside of Peoria. Lots of cornfields here too!
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Cornfield, thank you very much for the updates all year! I have been following this forum for several months and the negative posts are making the decision to trade my Ody for a Pacifica a little scary. Your saga is good news.

I live in Illinois also, but probably a little over 100 miles SW of you in a small city outside of Peoria. Lots of cornfields here too!
Thanks. Now I know where Waldo is.
irpilot and Pe2n3d1 like this.
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

The Texas trip went like the rest of our trips. Smooth as can be. It was below freezing when we were in Austin and they had 1/4" of rain, the entire city was shut down. We stayed in our hotel room and watched the road carnage on TV. I think the Pacifica would have driven fine but we wanted to avoid the Winter amateurs. The remote start is helpful to warm the van up before getting in. I love the heated seats and steering wheel too.
We averaged about 24 MPG going an average of 75 MPH on the Hwy's and obeying the speed limits on local roads.
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 07:06 PM

Garage
Cornfield, Tell me you do know that the center console does have a larger drawer accessed from the 2nd Row cup holder drawer. Also you do know that you can access any Previous or Recent Trip on your Navigation while rolling down the highway. I also like changing the parameters such that the back up camera stays on a little longer so when you begin moving forward the camera is still on, and changing it so that when you put your turn signal on the side view warning not only shows the lit triangle but also beeps.

2017 Pacifica Limited
Red, Fully Loaded 8-Passenger
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
Thanks. Now I know where Waldo is.
Got me! Hiding in a cornfield near Peoria!
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 11:19 PM

Garage
who plugs in an ipod anymore?? just use the bluetooth to play music LOL

I wasn't raised to be a Mopar guy. Now i have 2. Go figure!!

2017 Tusk White Pearl Chrysler Pacifica Touring - Dec. 2016 Build.
2017 Granite Crystal Metallic Dodge Journey GT Blacktop Edition - Feb. 2017 Build.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page