Safe from California fires ? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Safe from California fires ?

I know we have a lot of California Pacifica owners on the Forum. When I have seen a map of California and I see all the fire locations that seem to be all over the map, I hope and pray that everybody is OK...

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 11:09 AM

Garage
thanks bud. good here in my part of so-cal. but other places not too good. we get earthquakes, fires, and drought. what do ya'll get out in your state? :-/
Longtimemopar and Toast like this.

2018 Touring L Plus - Granite Crystal Metallic / "S" Appearance / Black & Light Diesel Gray / 20" Black Noise Wheels / Advanced Safety Tech / Tri-Panoramic Sunroof / Uconnect Theater / 20 Speaker Harman Kardon / Hands-Free Doors / 3D MAXpider Mats / HID+LED Conversion / Rayno Phantom S9 Nano-Ceramic Tint / Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam / Thule Motion XXL Roof Box / Lifetime Max Care Warranty / Tire & Wheel Warranty
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 12:16 PM

I'm not near any of the big fires but we did have a 300 acre fire knocking at our door. Thank you fire fighters for all your brave work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skycrane.JPG (73.6 KB, 23 views)
Longtimemopar likes this.

2018 Limited tow/tec/theater - built 11/06/17

Last edited by vertrkr; 08-02-2018 at 12:21 PM.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 12:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightrules View Post
thanks bud. good here in my part of so-cal. but other places not too good. we get earthquakes, fires, and drought. what do ya'll get out in your state? :-/
Wishing everyone the best as well. We get tornadoes, floods, and the occasional earthquakes too (thanks New Madrid), but rarely at the same time. I know you didn't ask me, sorry.

'18 Pacifica LTD, GCM
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertrkr View Post
I'm not near any of the big fires but we did have a 300 acre fire knocking at our door. Thank you fire fighters for all your brave work.
I have see many videos of planes dropping fire retardant on fires, but is that an actual undoctored photo of the plane dropping fire retardant in that neighborhood ???

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightrules View Post
In Florida? Heat and humidity. Don't laugh, I think that's what really killed the dinosaurs.
....and we also get....(hurricanes....shhh...didn't want to say that too loud)
CentralFla likes this.

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimemopar View Post
I have see many videos of planes dropping fire retardant on fires, but is that an actual undoctored photo of the plane dropping fire retardant in that neighborhood ???
Ya, that's a real unedited pic. There were two of those jets flying super close to the ground then going full power to pull up. Those pilots have some real big ones. There were 2 small sheriff choppers, one big sky crane chopper, 2 dozers and many ground crew. We dropped off some cases of beer at the local station to thank them for saving our houses.

2018 Limited tow/tec/theater - built 11/06/17
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertrkr View Post
Ya, that's a real unedited pic. There were two of those jets flying super close to the ground then going full power to pull up. Those pilots have some real big ones. There were 2 small sheriff choppers, one big sky crane chopper, 2 dozers and many ground crew. We dropped off some cases of beer at the local station to thank them for saving our houses.
We have never had any fire damage but we have had some large fires around us in the past. Ash falling from the sky and the awful smell of smoke are two of my memories. Hope that you and others will stay safe and let's hope the fires will be put out VERY soon.

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 10:07 AM

We got the absolute best lying, cheating, crooked politicians in the USA! Tornadoes we got also!

Note that we keep tripping over alligators when we go to Florida each winter. It's a minor inconvenience.

You folks in the hot zones of California, BE SAFE! My brother lives in Orange County, CA. He tells me no fires yet in his area, just desperate housewives.
Hilltoppper likes this.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 08:37 AM

Webster, NY is a suburb just east of Rochester, NY and we can't complain about weather.
It seems the rest of the USA gets damaging weather where we can inconvenient weather.
We had 1 tornado 1936 very minor damage, earthquakes that measure 1 to 2 on the Richter scale maybe once every ten years.
We get 85 inches of snow per year! Sometimes it seems to come all at once. We also have ice storms which wreak havoc on trees and power lines.
Like I say inconvenient weather not damaging.
It seems all of western US is on fire.
You are all in our thoughts and prayers!
Stay safe!
Longtimemopar likes this.

2017 Limited Tuskwhite, built July 17, 2017, 5PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page