low antifreeze - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soflobusinessman View Post
Follow up on this?

same thing here...
Nah, I'm still fighting it. I just bought another gallon of coolant. I've used one gallon in about 40,000 miles and about 3 years. Not sure if it's worth the trouble to battle with the dealer to try an get it fixed before warranty expires (if they don't already have some loophole to get out of it anyway).

After 5 years, my Jeep actually appears to have stopped using coolant. Maybe a pinhole leak corroded over or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
Nah, I'm still fighting it. I just bought another gallon of coolant. I've used one gallon in about 40,000 miles and about 3 years. Not sure if it's worth the trouble to battle with the dealer to try an get it fixed before warranty expires (if they don't already have some loophole to get out of it anyway).

After 5 years, my Jeep actually appears to have stopped using coolant. Maybe a pinhole leak corroded over or something.
Is that covered under powertrain warranty? or bumper to bumper?

I am taking mine into dealer monday and will report findings....

curious.. when you top off, where do you fill to? the MIN line? when it gets hot, I see it rises, assuming to MAX Line?
thanks
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 12:40 PM

I expect it should be covered under powertrain, but I don't know. If not, I'm not covered.

I typically check it cold, in which case I fill to just above the min line. I don't expect it's super critical until it is quite low. When I first noticed this problem, it was barely above the hose level and took a quarter gallon to get to min.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page