Remote Start Module - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jxburton

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Remote Start Module

for a 2018 Pacifica Touring L, where would the module be located? Need to connect a Drone Mobile starter to it. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 03:30 AM

There isn't one. Or, indeed, there are several: The Radio Frequency Hub, the Keyless Ignition Node, the Body Control Module and the Powertrain Control Module are all involved.

My guess is the RF hub, but I don't know how much success you'll have- there are two part numbers, one for vehicles with remote start and one for vehicles without. Even Chrysler isn't going to use two entirely separate part numbers when one will do. The RF hub is above the headliner in the rear, if that helps.

What exactly are you installing? Drone's site lists two products, neither of which is a remote start. They both say they come with a data harness that "Connects to Aftermarket Remote Start/Security System", which you probably don't have, but the Mopar remote start kit is 82214545AC.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

I've got one of these.

DroneMobile Smartphone Vehicle Control and GPS Tracking System Add-on Module (DR-5400)

This is what best buy said would work...but you know...they're Best Buy.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 03:26 PM

It will work... Once you get the aftermarket remote start that the DroneMobile's wiring will connect to. Of course, it did work for the kid at Best Buy.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Go View Post
It will work... Once you get the aftermarket remote start that the DroneMobile's wiring will connect to. Of course, it did work for the kid at Best Buy.
That's what I was looking for inside of the vehicle because I assumed thatd be what was installed. So there is no module like this in the stock Pacificas with already remote capabilities?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 06:01 PM

OE is from the factory. Factory Accessories are from the OEM. Aftermarket is something a 3rd party produces. Think of OE as the roof rack that came with the van, a Factory Accessory is the Mopar rack you buy from the dealer if your van didn't come with one, and Aftermarket is the rack that Yakima sells.

The gadget you bought comes with a cable that is meant to connect to an aftermarket remote start (I linked to their product page that says it). Which you do not have.

The module in the stock Pacifica that is my guess (there are 4 modules involved, the RF hub is simply the first in line), is an actual different part depending on whether or not you have a remote start. Think of the assembly line where there's some UAW guy standing between 2 boxes. One has RF hubs for vans with remote starts and one has RF hubs for vans without. He checks the build sheet of each frame coming along and reaches into the appropriate box for that van's hub. Now, I don't know how different they are, and I don't even know if the RF hub is where this gadget you bought would want to plug in to. But the Mopar accessory remote start kit comes with an RF hub to replace the one your van came with, so it's a good bet that your RF hub isn't going to play nice with your DroneMobile.

Try contacting DroneMobile and asking if they can make a guess, or if they can recommend an aftermarket remote starter. If they recommend one, get it. If they tell you they don't know of one, print out that email and take it to Best Buy so you can return it and get your money back.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the explanation, I buy lots of aftermarket things for the motorcycles but am unfamiliar with the Pacifica sized vehicles. The MOPAR part does look like what I found in the Pacifica after gently opening it up, but with something so shiny and newer (and expensive) I wanted to limit my handling of the electronics. All that said, I will contact Drone (again) and see if they will reply. Thanks!
Van Go likes this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 11:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxburton View Post
I've got one of these.

DroneMobile Smartphone Vehicle Control and GPS Tracking System Add-on Module (DR-5400)

This is what best buy said would work...but you know...they're Best Buy.
Best Buy site says "Requires purchase of Compustar Remote Start Systems" This module is a part of an aftermarket system. It is not going to work for the factory one. What you need is the SiriusXM Guardian subscription.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in