Jack points for floor jack? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Jack points for floor jack?

I don't see anything in the manual or any obvious spot on the undercarriage. Where are the front and rear jack points for a floor jack? I only see the pinch points on the sides.
Thanks, Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 09:32 AM

I use a pinch weld adapter with my floor jack. Works great. I just used it last night on my Pacifica to put on winter tires.

https://www.amazon.com/Large-Slotted...h+weld+adapter
Longtimemopar likes this.
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 01:17 PM

drboom - Here's what little is shown in the repair manual for Pacifica hoisting.

Locations '1' obviously are the normal pinch weld frame locations.
tsax6010 Thanks! I just ordered two of those pinch weld adapters you pointed out.

Locations '2' are your only alternatives. I'll have to get under my van to see exactly what is at those locations. I need safe locations to lift the van and also safe locations to place my jack stands.
Attached Images
File Type: png PacificaLiftPoints.PNG (143.8 KB, 438 views)
ArtF likes this.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels

Last edited by BrettP; 12-30-2016 at 02:35 PM.

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettP View Post
drboom - Here's what little is shown in the repair manual for Pacifica hoisting.

Locations '1' obviously are the normal pinch weld frame locations.
tsax6010 Thanks! I just ordered two of those pinch weld adapters you pointed out.

Locations '2' are your only alternatives. I'll have to get under my van to see exactly what is at those locations. I need safe locations to lift the van and also safe locations to place my jack stands.
#2 looks like it is on the other side of the wheels. I don't know how you could get a floor jack in that location even if there was something to lift with. And I wouldn't put the jack stands there to support the vehicle since you would have to climb under way too far to be safe to put them under or take them off.
The pinch welds are pretty wide - maybe there is enough room to lift with the floor jack and then put the jack stand next to it before repeating at the next location.

Thanks, Jon
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

If you want to go WAY overkill, you could always just get a QuickJack!

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/...els-tires.html

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Still on my Christmas list! Deciding between 110V or 12V motor versions and 5000 vs 7000.

Eric the Car Guy sure seems to like the 5000. At around 14:53 in the video below it looks like his hydraulic cables were leaking. Did you see any leakage when you changed your tires?

When you disconnect the long hydraulic cables do the ends have valves to seal fluid in?

Norbert likes this.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels

Last edited by BrettP; 12-30-2016 at 07:28 PM.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettP View Post
Still on my Christmas list! Deciding between 110V or 12V motor versions and 5000 vs 7000.

Eric the Car Guy sure seems to like the 5000. At around 14:53 in the video below it looks like his hydraulic cables were leaking. Did you see any leakage when you changed your tires?

When you disconnect the long hydraulic cables do the ends have valves to seal fluid in?
Yeah, I waffled between the 5000 and 7000 and 12v or 110v as well. It's not much more expensive for the 7000, but I really don't need to lift more than 5000 lbs, so I decided it would be better to go with the 5000 and have it easier to move around the garage since it's lighter. The fact that the 7000 was back ordered also helped in that decision. I decided to go with the 110v because it seemed like it would be easier to just plug it into a wall outlet than to pull out jumper cables or an extra battery.

I didn't have any hydrolic leakage at all. The quick connects all have spring valves that seal the ends as soon as they're disconnected. I've read some reviews that describe older fittings that used to leak, but they seem to have completely fixed that with these "zero leak" fittings that they're using now.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsax6010 View Post
I use a pinch weld adapter with my floor jack. Works great. I just used it last night on my Pacifica to put on winter tires.

https://www.amazon.com/Large-Slotted...h+weld+adapter
For snow tire changeover, my floor jack works just fine on the pinch welds. The problem is for oil changes or anything else I need to lift the vehicle and be under it. As I'm sure you are aware, it is extremely unsafe to get under a vehicle with only a floor jack holding it up - jack stands are a requirement.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/...els-tires.html
Very cool device but well in excess of my budget given the limited "wrench" work I do on my cars.

FWIW, I just checked and there is no way to get a jack stand and a floor jack on the same pinch weld. I can't see any other way to get the vehicle in the air with a floor jack and then get jack stands in appropriate locations.

New ideas welcome.

Thanks, Jon
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drboom View Post
For snow tire changeover, my floor jack works just fine on the pinch welds. The problem is for oil changes or anything else I need to lift the vehicle and be under it. As I'm sure you are aware, it is extremely unsafe to get under a vehicle with only a floor jack holding it up - jack stands are a requirement.
I only have about 1200 miles, but from what I read here you do not need to jack up the Pacifica for an oil change - just a low profile pan.

Besides tire changes, the only major thing I do myself is brake jobs. For that my plan is to jack up the vehicle with the pinch weld adapter, and once the wheel is off place a jack stand at the "location 2" placement immediately behind the wheel location.

I have had bad luck in the past bending over pinch welds by using just my hydraulic jack. I only use the adapters now as they are cheap and safer insurance.

I would love to get the QuickJac, but over 1k is a lot to throw down for the occasional tire and brake job. Not saying I never will though...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page