Brake noise? - Page 4 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimH View Post
Brake noise on 2018 Pacifica hybrid plug in at about 3 k miles dealer replaced rotors. Had to take in 3 times!
1 didn’t want to do this work that day - even though I had appt
2 acknowledged problem after great effort at explanation - need to come back b/c didn’t have part
3 replaced rotor
NOW:
Another 3k miles in van. And the sound is back. Sounds like a grinder at low speed.
I am thinking this is a design flaw - parts inferior or underspec’d somehow.
Have had dozen plus vehicles and only one like this was a first model year Nissan Armada — it was taken back by Nissan as a lemon.
Guess I will return to dealer but the time commitment is very high and super frustrating.
I have had the same rubbing sound from the brakes from day 1 on my Pacifica '19 T+. Initially I thought it was the brake pads taking some time to get 'set', but after 4 months and 5k miles, its there every time I brake, especially at slow speeds. I have taken this to the dealer and they say/pretend they cant hear anything unusual, meaning, this is 'normal' and wont do anything about it since it is 'normal'. I have been to the dealership service department over 7 times now for another UConnect Android-Auto issue and the van is in the shop right now over the last 3 days. As for this brake noise, I just gave up. Its annoying, but so far the brakes dont seem to fail or perform badly, so I guess I'll wait till the pads wear out and replace them with better after market parts.
The dealership service is really pathetic compared to the one in the honda/toyota/subaru right opposite to them. While waiting for the shuttle ride back during one of the trips I heard another Pacifica owner getting ripped off by the dealer saying the ESS battery isnt covered under warranty after one year and charge him the full/premium price. So, yeah, i do have really low opinion when it comes to the chrysler dealership service, under warranty or otherwise.

2019 Pacifica Touring+ with AdvSafetyTech Granite Ext
2007 Chrysler T&C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page