Brake noise? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Brake noise?

Has anyone else noticed brake noise coming from the front driver wheel? It's not an irregular noise, i can just very clearly hear the pad rubbing on the rotor when i have my foot on the brake. If its a normal noise on all Pacifica's I'm just very surprised since I've never hear this on any of my previous vehicles, even my 1985 Bronco.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 07:33 PM

I just noticed today that I can hear it as well.

post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 08:14 PM

brakes

Upon backing out of the garage in the morning I hear a chatter when releasing the brake pedal seems to be coming from front brakes. All day long it seems to be fine. Dont know if it does it going forward.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 10:41 PM

Yes I have it too, kind of a thud like sound
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 10:37 PM

I have the noise also dealer says this is normal and not a safety issue. My Pacifica has less than 4K miles. Noise is prevalent under very light braking and when slowing to a stop.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 11:50 PM

brakes

I found out mine was caused from car wash wax after I drive it a day or two it goes away,Also sometimes you can get a small pebble from the road between your backing plate and rotor usually it goes away in a couple of days.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:26 AM

mine too, a light shhhhh sound upon light breaking only, it's not physical brake noise cause i cant hear it from outside on a quiet street at night with the windows open, to faint to be the abs pump, and i dont have a hybrid so it cant be regenerative breaking, ii thought it could be electrical noise from the led brake lights with the Active noise cancellation system the car has(notice the microphones in the ceiling over the driver and passer seats), but why does it stop when the car stops
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
mine too, a light shhhhh sound upon light breaking only, it's not physical brake noise cause i cant hear it from outside on a quiet street at night with the windows open, to faint to be the abs pump, and i dont have a hybrid so it cant be regenerative breaking, ii thought it could be electrical noise from the led brake lights with the Active noise cancellation system the car has(notice the microphones in the ceiling over the driver and passer seats), but why does it stop when the car stops
This shhhh noise is exactly what I'm talking about. I only hear it when braking at a low speed. Like right before coming to a stop.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 02:47 AM

so if i have my adaptive cruise control on and the car is coming to a stop under its own power there is a grinding sounds as it slows/stops from the front,e very time...
if i take over and brake myself there are no sounds

no idea wtf
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bina12834 View Post
This shhhh noise is exactly what I'm talking about. I only hear it when braking at a low speed. Like right before coming to a stop.
Yes, this is the noise I can hear on my Pacifica, and I believe all Pacificas make this brake noise. It is faint, but clear, when braking at low speeds. Not a "screeching" sound typical of worn pads on rotors, nor is there any harmonic vibration. I am quite sure it's normal, and I suspect it's caused by the type of material in the pads. It doesn't bother me too much, especially since the sound is not nearly as annoying as squeaky pads/rotors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page