Someone hit my Pacifica today :( - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Someone hit my Pacifica today :(

Well, someone hit my 2 month old 2019 Pacifica Touring L Plus today from behind. <ugh> No one was hurt...I was at a complete stop at an intersection where the traffic lights were out (flashing yellow) waiting my turn to cross the intersection....and the person came up behind me and didn't stop. Since the other driver was at fault, I am just waiting for her to report it to her insurance company to begin repairs. So far, there are 2 dents in the lift gate and the bottom section of the bumper is out of alignment. The rear park sensors are also not working as I am getting the message on the dashboard that they need to be serviced when I put the car in reverse. The hands free lift gate sensor is still working. I will be taking it to the collision center at the Chrysler dealership. Does anyone out there have any advice on what else I should be concerned about when it comes to "unseeable" damage?

Thank you!

2019 Pacifica Touring L Plus - brilliant black - 18" wheels - Panoramic Sunroof
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefrog View Post
Well, someone hit my 2 month old 2019 Pacifica Touring L Plus today from behind. <ugh> No one was hurt...I was at a complete stop at an intersection where the traffic lights were out (flashing yellow) waiting my turn to cross the intersection....and the person came up behind me and didn't stop. Since the other driver was at fault, I am just waiting for her to report it to her insurance company to begin repairs. So far, there are 2 dents in the lift gate and the bottom section of the bumper is out of alignment. The rear park sensors are also not working as I am getting the message on the dashboard that they need to be serviced when I put the car in reverse. The hands free lift gate sensor is still working. I will be taking it to the collision center at the Chrysler dealership. Does anyone out there have any advice on what else I should be concerned about when it comes to "unseeable" damage?
Thank you!
So sorry that your van was hit. Regardless of the circumstance it is very discouraging to have a new van need body work and repairs.
I think it would make sense to check the manual and power opening and closing of the lift gate using the buttons and handle. Check the back up camera alignment as well since it is on the lift gate. Others may know what may need checked under the van.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 02:58 AM
JBL

The California DMV website says that on a flashing yellow "Slow down and be alert before entering the intersection. Yield to any pedestrians, bicyclists, or vehicles in the intersection." I always took that to mean I should stop for cross traffic. (Not that I can remember the last time I came to a flashing yellow light.)

2018 PacHy; AST; Sunroof

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! @SciTchr I know there is a lot going on back there that you don't see from the outside. We'll let the collision guys at the Chrysler dealership work their magic!

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

@JBL That's what we go by here as well. There were a few cars in front of me stopped and everyone was "taking their turn" to cross the intersection. I was waiting for the cars going East-West to clear the intersection.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 11:27 AM

Garage
Sorry it happened to you. Damaging a new car is especially disappointing.

Judging from your description, you're not looking at a major body work let alone a frame damage. Make sure the paint matches. Take a flash photo at night, sometimes it can reveal the tone differences. Check the relevant body panels gaps and alignment.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 12:21 PM

Garage
This will appear on the CarFax report for the vehicle, thus affect its future value. Request compensation for "diminished value" from the insurance company of the at-fault driver to make you whole for the diminished value of the vehicle. The cash payment for the diminished value should be the difference in the value of the vehicle directly prior to the collision and the value immediately following the repair(s). Also, even though you are going to a Chrysler dealer for repairs, the insurance company will encourage the use of after marker (read lower quality) parts; demand Mopar replacement parts. Most policies allow for use of after market parts if you had been at fault. Obviously you were not at fault thus are entitled to factory replacement parts.

Good luck!
Treetoes likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 12:41 PM

Sad to hear. But everyone is ok.

It's not only all the time wasted, the value the car is going to get is horrible.

At the end if the family is ok, the rest is nothing

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. Build date 10/18

2018 Tesla Model S P100DL

2017 Chevy Volt
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 02:30 PM

Take pictures to show to any future buyer. This will show that the damage was minimal, and the CarFax report is nothing to worry about.

Insist on factory Mopar parts, but consider an independent shop rather than the dealer. In my too many years of experience, I have not found many dealer body shops to be as good as the quality independents. Of course, there are exceptions, and your dealer may be one.
craig likes this.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 12:03 AM

There's a lot of tech in the bumpers these days. My 2016 Kia Sedona SXL was rear ended at a red light. At first glance, it looked like a small crease in the bumper and some paint transfer. Nothing was cracked or loose. No big deal, right? Ended up being a $2500 repair. Bumper, energy absorber, impact bar, and paint were the obvious repairs. Not so obvious was the $861 blind spot radar. $1300 in parts, the rest in labor.
The other driver wanted to pay us off with $500 in cash. Nope.

2019 Limited S (gas), black on black on black.

Also: 2016 Kia Sedona SXL, 8 passenger
Past: 2009 Toyota Venza 4-cyl, 2006 Scion tC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page