Changing consoles - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Changing consoles

Yes, we have one or two long threads regarding the super console, but I'm getting ready to replace the one that came with my Touring-L with the one that comes with higher trims, so I thought maybe a separate thread would work better for that. Yes, there's step-by-steps with diagrams in one of the other threads and there's comments from people that have removed or replaced their consoles, but I'm kind of an old-fashioned engineer that really wants to be sure that what I'm seeing is what I think it is.

Thanks to mike&tracy I was able to find a super console right here in Phoenix, and thanks to BrettP, I was made aware that there is a FOB transceiver that needs to be moved when I install the new console. Here is what I found:

After removing the top from my old console, I found what appears to be the FOB transceiver and cable (or part of a wire harness) in the middle of the console as showing in photo #1.

Removing the top and small compartment from the new console, I found the place to mount the transceiver had not been used (no sign of screws being in the holes), nor was there any trace of a wiring harness (Photo #2). Note that the console was taken out of a van that was being equipped as a handicap transport so there had to be a transceiver somewhere. However, I did find a much smaller module screwed to the front of the console, but still no wires (photo #3). The connector to this appears to be a bit flat, and the one to the module in the old console appears to be somewhat round, so the two modules are not interchangeable.

Since I haven't taken the old console out yet, I'm assuming that the cable going to that module is part of a harness that needs to be moved to the new console. I'm also wondering what that smaller module is that I found in the new console. Is that also a FOB transceiver? If so, why did they take the wiring out, but left the module there and why is that module so much smaller than the other one?

I pretty sure what needs to be done, move the wire harness and module to the new console, and ignore the smaller one that's already there. I just am curious about the two different modules and want to be sure that's all that I need to do (other than swear a lot while trying to take out those back bolts).

Don (ezdays) Day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 10:30 AM

You should be able to use the harness from the old console, I had to order one since the low console did not have one. There are 2 lights on the console that you may have to move, but I do believe that is what is in you image 3.

2017 Pacifica Dark Cordovan
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 10:32 AM

After typing what (I think) is the number on the part you found on the new console (55057419AB), it's listed as a floor console lamp. This is probably part of the illumination for the cupholders, etc. I would imagine. Just a guess though.

If I were you, I'd be primarily concerned with keeping your old FOB transceiver and wiring as similar as possible to the way it was. If this new part is indeed a lamp, maybe it can be wired in at a later date, or you can just ignore it if you don't think it's worth the hassle..

- 2017 Pacifica Touring-L Plus - Jazz Blue, Advanced SafetyTec, Uconnect 8.4N, KeySense
- Ordered 5/31/16, Current status: KZL as of 6/28/16, Arrived at dealer 7/6/16, Purchased 7/11/16

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses, now I do remember that the "super console" has lights around the cupholders, where the other ones don't. I was wondering why that small module was mounted on translucent plastic. I'll see what it takes to light it, but it might have to be connected to the interior lighting circuit and that may not be an easy task. I'm guessing that the wiring to it was part of the harness that they took out.

Thanks again to both of you.

Don (ezdays) Day
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 11:14 AM

Garage
if you look at this, you can see the wiring laid out.

Father of thing 1, thing 2, thing 3, thing 4 is getting a minivan.
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus with Tow, Advance Safety, 8 passenger, Tire/wheel, and Nav.
*Ordered 1FEB and delivered 20MAR2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 11:31 AM

ezdays will you let me know if the super console you purchased came with the lights as well, I have not taken the bezel off the one I purchased, but since the came from the same place it may save me time

2017 Pacifica Dark Cordovan
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike&tracy View Post
ezdays will you let me know if the super console you purchased came with the lights as well, I have not taken the bezel off the one I purchased, but since the came from the same place it may save me time
Yes, that is a light and it did come with the console, but without any wiring to it. It has an LED chip with a few components, one I would think is a decoder to tell it when to light. If the Touring or Touring-L doesn't come with that light, it may not be addressed in the software. Nonetheless, I don't think that it's worth the time to find out how to get it to light unless I find a few extra pins on the connector to the console, or better yet, part of a harness that's hidden and not used that would plug right into it.

Don (ezdays) Day
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohawks1224 View Post
if you look at this, you can see the wiring laid out.
Thanks for the video, I can see the harness and connectors that will hook up the console to the dashboard, but the internal console wiring is another thing. I'm trying to figure out how to snake the cable to where the FOB module mounts. Once I get my console out, I'll be able to see better how the cable routing is done and hope it's the same on both consoles.
Gohawks1224 likes this.

Don (ezdays) Day
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 01:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdays View Post
Yes, that is a light and it did come with the console, but without any wiring to it. It has an LED chip with a few components, one I would think is a decoder to tell it when to light. If the Touring or Touring-L doesn't come with that light, it may not be addressed in the software. Nonetheless, I don't think that it's worth the time to find out how to get it to light unless I find a few extra pins on the connector to the console, or better yet, part of a harness that's hidden and not used that would plug right into it.

That sounds too complicated of a process. It is probably just a 12v limiter for the LED.

Father of thing 1, thing 2, thing 3, thing 4 is getting a minivan.
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus with Tow, Advance Safety, 8 passenger, Tire/wheel, and Nav.
*Ordered 1FEB and delivered 20MAR2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohawks1224 View Post
That sounds too complicated of a process. It is probably just a 12v limiter for the LED.
I can see a 2700 ohm surface mount resistor to limit the current and probably a filter capacitor, but there is also what looks like a small chip. I didn't trace the circuit, but just for fun, I'll do it and let you know. The connector has four pins, I was thinking two for power and two for control. I don't know how the lights are controlled, but with computers running everything, I can only guess what's going on.

Don (ezdays) Day

Last edited by ezdays; 02-28-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page