Replacing Cabin Air Filter - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Replacing Cabin Air Filter

Has anyone changed or had the cabin air filter changed and know where it is located? The dealer told me it would be $70 to replace which seems a little ridiculous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwalker82 View Post
Has anyone changed or had the cabin air filter changed and know where it is located? The dealer told me it would be $70 to replace which seems a little ridiculous.
Right behind the glove box. Open glove box. Pinch the holders at the top to swing it down. Remove retractor rope on outer side and the glove box swings all the way down and comes right out. The cabin filter door is hidden right behind that black decorative piece that you also need to remove but you can peek up under it to see the cabin filter door which is marked filter.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels

Last edited by BrettP; 04-19-2017 at 10:52 PM.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:28 PM

Garage
Sounds just like the Odyssey air filter replacement. That took 10 min. and most of that was spent cleaning out my glove box! Bought a cheap ebay Chinese knock off then, and it definitely wasn't the same quality and precision fitment.

* Geez guys, finish your location and signature w model!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DRIVING - 17 Pacifica Hybrid Platinum CDN Granite Grey, Chargepoint EVSE & 240V OEM, Full WeatherTech Sunroof Deflector + Mats, Front MOPAR Mudflaps, Winter RWC 17" + MOPAR TPMS + Michelin Xi2
SOLD - 08 Honda Odyssey Touring White no PAX

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, BrettP!
BrettP likes this.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 10:15 AM

BTW, the piece behind the glove box that hides the filter door has three plastic shield retainers holding it in place. Don't try to pry them out with force! In the center of each shield retainer is a small button that you press inward to get it to easily release and then the retainer pulls right out.

After you replace the cabin air filter the first time, subsequent replacements can probably be done in under 5 minutes.
Neogeo and Longtimemopar like this.

Brett

Last edited by BrettP; 04-21-2017 at 10:23 AM.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 10:31 PM

Any photos of the three plastic shield retainers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentfield1951 View Post
Any photos of the three plastic shield retainers?
I didn't think to take a picture the first time and I posted after putting the glove box back in so I described from memory. If nobody beats me to it I'll snap a picture on the next filter change. If memory serves they look like the typical plastic push-in fasteners used all over vehicles these days to replace screws. In this case they look like something you might pry out but don't because they have that barely noticable place in the center that needs to be pushed in to make it release easily.

It may be a while before I get time because I live in Houston/Friendswood. I am one of the luckier residences whose house did not flood but I do have some roof and sheetrock repairs where water penetrated in.
CentralFla likes this.

Brett
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettP View Post

It may be a while before I get time because I live in Houston/Friendswood. I am one of the luckier residences whose house did not flood but I do have some roof and sheetrock repairs where water penetrated in.

Glad to hear that you escaped the worst of the storm with minimal damage. My prayers go out to you and all those folks in the Lone Star state.

<

2017 Pacifica Touring-L, Red Velvet/alloy seats,
8.4 Uconnect, Added NAV. Ordered Late Nov,
Built 12/15/16 - Took delivery 12/21/16
in Michigan
Previous Vans-06 T&C, 08 T&C, 11 T&C,
14 T&C

2008 electric golf cart (Club Car) to get
around the community
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 12:33 PM

As a quick FYI to those of you who come across this thread during a search or otherwise, the listings that some online aftermarket parts stores have for this cabin filter is NOT correct. It certainly does NOT use the same filter as the previous Town & Country. If the site you're using says that the filter is the same for the 2016 Town & Country and 2017 Pacifica, you should look elsewhere..
BrettP and cpinkhaminsc like this.

- 2017 Pacifica Touring-L Plus - Jazz Blue, Advanced SafetyTec, Uconnect 8.4N, KeySense
- Ordered 5/31/16, Current status: KZL as of 6/28/16, Arrived at dealer 7/6/16, Purchased 7/11/16
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel9478 View Post
As a quick FYI to those of you who come across this thread during a search or otherwise, the listings that some online aftermarket parts stores have for this cabin filter is NOT correct. It certainly does NOT use the same filter as the previous Town & Country. If the site you're using says that the filter is the same for the 2016 Town & Country and 2017 Pacifica, you should look elsewhere..
I agree with daniel9478. After quite a bit of research from the internet, I have found this cabin air filter was wrongly listed to be the same as Town & Country and it seems that the only way to make sure is buying the OEM filter part number 68308950AB.

By the way, the same problem applies to the engine air filter as well and the correct OEM part number for the air filter is 68214516AA which I confirmed by looking at the actual one under the hood.
Cisco Arris likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page