Entertainment - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Entertainment

Just brought home our Pacifica yesterday afternoon... we got the Touring-L which doesn't have the UConnect Theater. Coming from the T&C that had the rear entertainment that we used on the longer road trips, I'm now looking at my options for media for the kids as we look ahead to some summer travel.

The quick thing to do will be to get an iPad holder and play some of our digital movies... so that's already in the works (will test a cup-holder mount as well as a between-the-headrests mount).

Longer term, wondering when someone (an owner or an aftermarket company) will pop off the headliner and see what overhead mounting options there might be. I don't suppose anyone here has already taken a peek yet, have you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Another "entertainment" question... for those without the UConnect Theater. I paired my iPad to the car and played a movie... audio plays over car speakers, but the lag between the picture and the sound is quite noticeable. Anyone else have this problem? When I pair the same iPad with a portable bluetooth speaker the lag isn't nearly as noticeable.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 01:02 PM

Sinjin

It looks like you will be the first. If you take a peek, please post some pics.

I added a drop down monitor on a new Grand Voyager back around 2000 and it wasn't a difficult job at all. I've always added "toys" to my new cars in the past (backup cameras, cell phone charging, video for the kids, alarm systems) but, so far, can't even think of anything my Pacifica lacks.

Hmm...?
Heated and/or chilled cup holders might be nice.
Adding back in the foot wiggle door sensors when they become available (not a big deal to me though).

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 06:51 PM

Garage
Has anyone heard the difference between the Connect Sound System and the Harman Kardon Surround Entertainment System? I am an audiophile and I can tell you the other audio options in the 2017 Chrysler Pacific are totally unlistenable to me. I am hoping the Harmon Kardon System will sound good. I am familiar with Harmon Kardon company and they do a decent job when it comes to sound systems. Nothing at all like I am used to hearing but certainly better than most large consumer electronics companies. I would be happy if it sounded half as good as the stress in our 2007 SAAB 2.0T Turbo Convertible.

Rich, Janice & Travis
4x4 North America, inc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---
Exclusive Importers of the ONLY Crash Tested Dog Cage in the world!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4NA View Post
I am an audiophile and I can tell you the other audio options in the 2017 Chrysler Pacific are totally unlistenable to me. I am hoping the Harmon Kardon System will sound good.
I am in a similar boat re: being somewhat audiophillic. I am a musician and a weekend engineer/producer when time permits. I have the Limited WITHOUT the Harmon Kardon system... and it is really rough to listen to some of my favorite music on it... but looking at the option of getting the HK system, it comes with a boatload of things I didn't want; mostly the rear-facing entertainment package. Not-only would I NEVER use it (I have no kids)... but I fear that loading music gear in-and-out over time may potentially DAMAGE the unit(s). I just couldn't see paying that premium for all the extras I'll never use. And I am sure once the back is loaded-to-the-gills with gear, most of those 20-speakers would be obscured and the sound compromised ANYHOW.

I absolutely "feel your pain" though. There aren't many factory-installed sound systems that I have REALLY liked IMHO.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 02:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificaLimited View Post
I am in a similar boat re: being somewhat audiophillic. I am a musician and a weekend engineer/producer when time permits. I have the Limited WITHOUT the Harmon Kardon system... and it is really rough to listen to some of my favorite music on it... but looking at the option of getting the HK system, it comes with a boatload of things I didn't want; mostly the rear-facing entertainment package. Not-only would I NEVER use it (I have no kids)... but I fear that loading music gear in-and-out over time may potentially DAMAGE the unit(s). I just couldn't see paying that premium for all the extras I'll never use. And I am sure once the back is loaded-to-the-gills with gear, most of those 20-speakers would be obscured and the sound compromised ANYHOW.

I absolutely "feel your pain" though. There aren't many factory-installed sound systems that I have REALLY liked IMHO.
Rough is not the word. I qualify it as unlistenable. Even my non-audiophile friend who took the test drive made a comment without me saying a word.

I do not have kids either. I mainly purchased the system hoping for better audio quality and thinking it would sell faster in 3 years when I get something else.

Also, I was not aware that there were more "intruding" speakers in the back which would be an issue for me as well.

Chrysler misfired on the audio system. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope the HK System is at least tolerable.

If anyone hears the HK system and has comments, please let us know how it compares. Otherwise, I will post a full review in about 6 weeks when my vehicle arrives.

Rich, Janice & Travis
4x4 North America, inc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---
Exclusive Importers of the ONLY Crash Tested Dog Cage in the world!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page