Console drawer spring? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

Console drawer spring?

Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with their front console drawer (the one with the coin holders). When I push the release button, nothing really happens, and I have to manually pull the drawer out, and there's not really a good handle to use (or I can just punch the go-pedal ). Isn't it supposed to pop out like some sort of dampened spring? It's not like I loaded the drawer full of bricks, either, just a couple parking passes, sunglasses, and maybe $2 in change, so I don't know why it's having a tough time...

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 08:43 AM

Ours works just fine, a gentle push and it does pop out like you said. Maybe something is stuck between the drawer and the console like a parking pass or something else....

Don (ezdays) Day
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 11:22 PM

Garage
Ours is good and pops to slide right out. I agree that you probably have papers or something jammed up or behind there.

* Geez guys, finish your location and signature w model!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DRIVING - 17 Pacifica Hybrid Platinum CDN Granite Grey, Chargepoint EVSE & 240V OEM, Full WeatherTech Sunroof Deflector + Mats, Front MOPAR Mudflaps, Winter RWC 17" + MOPAR TPMS + Michelin Xi2
SOLD - 08 Honda Odyssey Touring White no PAX

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

So I double-checked as best as I could, and I couldn't find any papers or anything jammed in it. We've only had the van for two weeks now, and haven't lost anything inside the drawers yet! So unless something was jammed in it from the factory... I'm hesitant to let the dealer take a look at it, since our dealers nearby all suck. I'd rather do it myself if I could find some basic tips or instructions - does anyone have any experience disassembling this drawer?

Also, is the drawer spring supposed to just pop it out an inch or two, or does it push itself out the whole way?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 02:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris. View Post
Also, is the drawer spring supposed to just pop it out an inch or two, or does it push itself out the whole way?
IIRC, I think it just pops out a couple inches, and then you pull it out the rest of the way yourself. I drove my Meepster to work today and can't check for sure until I get home.

2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV SE ("The Meepster")
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Platinum ("Vanna White") ***Dead at dealership since 19-FEB-2019***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 02:10 PM

Just pops out a couple of inches. I just checked because of this thread.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris. View Post
Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with their front console drawer (the one with the coin holders). When I push the release button, nothing really happens, and I have to manually pull the drawer out, and there's not really a good handle to use (or I can just punch the go-pedal ). Isn't it supposed to pop out like some sort of dampened spring? It's not like I loaded the drawer full of bricks, either, just a couple parking passes, sunglasses, and maybe $2 in change, so I don't know why it's having a tough time...

-Chris
Mine has the same issue. It seems to pop out when it wants to. When it doesn't feel like it i just manually pull it out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page