2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Possible to retrofit 115V outlet

29K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  lashton 
#1 ·
Hello fellow Pacifica owners,

Is it possible to order/retrofit the 115V outlet that's in the Limited into a touring model?
I've attached a picture of the outlet.

Thank you in advance,

-jcuesico

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Many vans, like my odyssey, have limited amps through the cigarette lighter / accessory port.

The Pacifica seems (per the manual) to deliver a full 15 Amps, or > 150W, so the portable inverter would work. Note the "if you leave it plugged in it will drain the battery" warning.

Power Outlets
Your vehicle is equipped with 12 Volt (15 Amp) power outlets, and 5 Volt (2.5 Amp) USB power outlets, that can be used to power cellular phones, small electronics and other low powered electrical accessories. The power outlets can be labeled with either a “key” or a “battery” symbol to indicate how the outlet is powered. Power outlets labeled with a “key” are powered when the ignition is in the ON or ACC position, while the outlets labeled with a “battery” are connected directly to the battery and powered at all times.

NOTE:
• All accessories connected to the “battery” powered outlets should be removed or turned off when the vehicle is not in use to protect the battery against discharge.

#4 ·
#6 ·
I would imagine it is more than just wiring. Need an inverter installed in the car too.

#9 · (Edited)
I think the sales guy is correct. If memory serves, it is generally useful but primarily there to help sales of the Home Theater package as a source of power for the kiddies to plug in their video game consoles. A larger alternator (220Amp) is also associated with the Home Theater Package and 115 power outlet but, unlike the power outlet, the alternator upgrade also comes with the tow package.

#17 ·
That's a option I wish we had on our limited with out theater. We didnt get the theater because the kids would be arguing about who gets to sit in the captain chairs so we went with out. I do have a plan ongoing in my head to get a 150 watt inverter and hide it in a panel and get a factory outlet panel and retro it in. There are plenty of spots to grab 12 volts through. Just want to find a good reliable one before digging in.

#18 ·
Does anyone know what the part number is for the 115 outlet cover in black???? Not the plug only but the whole cover with plug. I did find a lil info showing the converter being right under the driver seat. So if no converter we will have to go the route I am. Buying a 150 watt off the shelf and retrofitting it into the spot.

#21 ·
Hey where did you find the factory outlet bezel I can't seem to find that. Soon as I do I will be retro fitting this in the car. I probably will use a over the counter inverter and make a plug to plug into it the the factory bezel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.