Glare on instrument panel? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Glare on instrument panel?

I have not purchased a Pacifica yet, but when I test drove one (around lunch time), I noticed a lot of glare from the piece of plastic in front of the instrument panel. Has anyone else seen this? Maybe there is an easy fix for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 03:58 PM

I have 2000 miles on mine and haven't noticed this. But it could depend on so many variables, your height, seat position, sun position (time of day), direction, terrain, your buoyant personality, etc.

I think the Instrument panel (on the Limited) is awesome! It has so many options to customize and so much information (compared to other high trim level cars I've owned). Just saying, I think it was a fluke. Maybe you can take it for a test drive at a different time to see if it bothers you.

Life is one decision after another - Man up!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa60 View Post
I have 2000 miles on mine and haven't noticed this. But it could depend on so many variables, your height, seat position, sun position (time of day), direction, terrain, your buoyant personality, etc.

I think the Instrument panel (on the Limited) is awesome! It has so many options to customize and so much information (compared to other high trim level cars I've owned). Just saying, I think it was a fluke. Maybe you can take it for a test drive at a different time to see if it bothers you.

Fair enough. I will have to do another test drive during a different time of the day to compare.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 06:04 PM

I do notice glare on the infotainment screen when backing out of the garage, the camera is dim due to the auto lights, and the sun hits it just right and you can't see much. But the instrument cluster, no, I don't notice any glare there.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 05:07 PM

No glare noticed on mine.

Momzilla03

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
DarkCordovan with Cognac/Alloy/Toffee interior
SafetyTec, Uconnect Theater Pkg, 7 seats
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 09:03 AM

No glare here either. I remember with our T&C, most times I could barely see the backup camera screen because of glare, but the screen on our Turing-L is clear and sharp, and there's no glare from any other part of the dash either.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 01:08 PM

Xema - i am not noticing glare but I do run with IP screen set to max brightness. Do you recall if the sunroof shade (if your model had one) was open or closed during your test drive?

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
Oil: Five quarts

Last edited by BrettP; 07-30-2016 at 01:11 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettP View Post
Xema - i am not noticing glare but I do run with IP screen set to max brightness. Do you recall if the sunroof shade (if your model had one) was open or closed during your test drive?
Good point, we don't have one, which may be why we didn't get any glare. This could make a big difference.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Banned

The sunroof shade would make a huge difference, especially if the sun was coming in that direction. That is something that would be of an issue for me as well, let's just see how your next test drive goes.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

I just test drove one and immediately noticed the glare you're talking about. It was the silver trim reflecting along the bottom of the instrument cluster. It actually washed out the customizable info along the bottom of the LCD screen. I hope that's not a regular occurrence.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page