Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentish View Post
'17 Pacifica limited with stuck 3rd row power seat. Here is what I tried:
Unplugging harness - nothing
Unplug fuses to ECMs - nothing
Disconnect Batt -nothing
Inspect for obstruction - all clear

Any other DIY options?? I hate to waste a dealer visit. Thanks
My left third row seat was stuck in the half-open position-- forward, locked to floor, folded with seat back not open. My right seat would function completely normally. I'm out of warranty, so wanted to see if I could fix it myself.

Here's what worked: It's best if the right seat is stowed so it will be out of the way. Use a flashlight to look under the right seat and locate the latch actuator on the bottom of the seat-- it has a bright silver spring and is attached to a cable that goes to the latch. Squeeze the spring with your hand to unlock the latch (this pulls the little cable attached to the latch)-- as long as you hold this, the seat will be unlocked from the floor and you can slightly lift to front of seat. If you let go of the front of the seat it will drop and lock to the floor again. Holding the front of the seat slightly up, push the button to stow the left seat. After doing this, mine stowed and now functions normally again.
Bond007 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificaMinivanFan View Post
Yes, we also opted for the next level down from the Limited because of the mandatory power 3rd-row sto-n-go seats. Wife was disappointed, but I refused to buy it. But it didn't matter when she found out later that the only carpet color available on the Limited is black. That was her show stopper.

Like Jerry17, we wanted memory seats. While they are standard on the Limited, they are not available as an option in any trim level. Same for HID headlights and LED fogs. We were willing to pay what it took to get them in the Limited until we found out about the power 3rd row seats and the black carpeting.
It's a shame that Chrysler puts its customers in this position. It's completely unnecessary. There's already a computer and touch screen in these vans-- the diagnostic information system and forced-actuation controls could easily be added so every owner could work on every system in the van if they chose to. The vans already have cellular uplinks (ever get an email that it's time to change your oil?), so computer "flash updates" could be downloaded directly as well. All without any need to visit a dealer. Wouldn't that make it a lot more comfortable to buy these fully-electronic vehicles?

I used to own a few Chrysler/Dodge vehicles and purchased a DRBIII so I could work on them. That wasn't cheap, but at least it was a one-time expense. Now they've moved to an extremely pricey subscription-based online service system (wiTech) that locks customers out of repairs since there is no way someone can spend thousands of dollars a year to be able to work on their car.

I guess in a few years as these come off warranty the "Right to Repair Laws" will get dusted off again.
stop-eject likes this.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificaMinivanFan View Post
Yes, we also opted for the next level down from the Limited because of the mandatory power 3rd-row sto-n-go seats. Wife was disappointed, but I refused to buy it. But it didn't matter when she found out later that the only carpet color available on the Limited is black. That was her show stopper.

Like Jerry17, we wanted memory seats. While they are standard on the Limited, they are not available as an option in any trim level. Same for HID headlights and LED fogs. We were willing to pay what it took to get them in the Limited until we found out about the power 3rd row seats and the black carpeting.
What color did you get? I did not know there was another color carpeting.
Thanks, John

2019 Pacifica Limited - Luxury White. Alloy/Black

Previous:
2005, 2008, 2015 Odyssey,
2017 Pacifica Limited - Tusk/Mocha

Old 02-28-2019, 05:39 PM

Garage
You have your right to repair. But the price of it makes it useless.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in