3rd row power stow and go? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

3rd row power stow and go?

if the 3rd row power stow and go fails, can the seats be stowed or retrieved manually?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 06:36 PM

I don't see an easy way but I do plan to look for the motor so I can turn it manually in a pinch. I've already had mine to the dealer for a stuck driver's side 3rd row seat (passenger side still worked fine). Nothing was actually broken; the service department said the computer "got confused". whaaaaaa? I told them if it happened once it will probably happen again because we had only operated them about 4 or 5 times. I asked if there was a way for me to reset/reboot the computer to "unconfuse" it (e.g. disconnecting battery, pull a fuse, etc.) and they said it was just a freak, random thing ... not a very satisfying answer to me. They did tell me that if I press the button to tell it to stow, or to unstow, I should always wait until it completely finishes the maneuver before pressing any other buttons so I've been careful to do that.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
post #3 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 06:55 PM

I mentioned in another thread that we had a Mountaineer that had motorized third row seats and the plastic gear broke in the down position on one motor after about 10 uses and there was no way to get it to go up even though I could see the motor and drive shaft. It took almost a full day to disassemble and replace the motor and drive assembly since it was well past the warranty.

I'm OK with the manual ones on our Pacifica since the chances of needing them is really slim, and they are always stowed. No motor drive assembly or computer to screw us up... I still wonder though, why the computer, you have a motor and a reversible switch to turn it on, why complicate things???

post #4 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdays View Post
I still wonder though, why the computer, you have a motor and a reversible switch to turn it on, why complicate things???
I don't know exactly what he meant by computer. Could be the main ECM or just a tiny embedded controller IC dedicated to the rear seat and switch assembly. This is the first vehicle I've ever purchased new where I didn't order a service manual and wiring diagram on day one. I HATE BEING IN THE #%}* DARK ABOUT THIS SMALL, EASY TO FIX STUFF!! I can't get over how expensive their on-line service information is and you have to pay them BEFORE you get to see if it even covers what you are looking for. On-line service manuals should be far cheaper than printing and distributing manuals. After the warranty is up, service information availability will end up being the #1 decider of how long I keep this Pacifica or if I ever buy another Chrysler product again.

At least we have forums and YouTube with people willing to make great DIY videos for the most common repairs.
echo1877 likes this.

Brett

Last edited by BrettP; 08-03-2016 at 08:19 PM.
post #5 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 11:10 PM

Well, I have to revise what I just said because my wife tells me the 3rd row seats must be connected to a "main" computer because although the 3rd row seat was fixed when we got the van back, sadly, we lost the Driver Memory Seat function (remembers front seat, mirrors and radio stations for two separate drivers) during the repair. We traded one "seat won't move because the computer was confused" problem for a new seat won't move problem. Weird. Back to the dealer. Darn.

Brett

Last edited by BrettP; 08-03-2016 at 11:13 PM.
post #6 of 94 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 04:20 PM

Another 3rd Row Power seat failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettP View Post
I've already had mine to the dealer for a stuck driver's side 3rd row seat (passenger side still worked fine). Nothing was actually broken; the service department said the computer "got confused". whaaaaaa? I told them if it happened once it will probably happen again because we had only operated them about 4 or 5 times. I asked if there was a way for me to reset/reboot the computer to "unconfuse" it (e.g. disconnecting battery, pull a fuse, etc.) and they said it was just a freak, random thing ... not a very satisfying answer to me. They did tell me that if I press the button to tell it to stow, or to unstow, I should always wait until it completely finishes the maneuver before pressing any other buttons so I've been careful to do that.
Brett........same thing has happened to my new Pacifica. The power 3rd row drivers side works fine but the passenger side stops working halfway through the cycle. I'm not likely to ever use the 3rd row but I'd still like this to work during my lease. I've tried to cycle this through at least 10 times but it still won't raise the seat back on the passenger side. Goes to the dealer next week.

I've had BMW door locks go out of sync and there was an easy fix to that. Haven't found anything online yet about resolving this problem.

Last edited by ultgar; 10-01-2016 at 04:22 PM.
post #7 of 94 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultgar View Post
Brett.....The power 3rd row drivers side works fine but the passenger side stops working halfway through the cycle. ... Goes to the dealer next week.
Mine didn't move at all but after they resync'd the computer it hasn't had any problem since. When you go back to the dealer to pick your van up, check ALL your other seat functions before leaving. By resetting / reprogramming the computer they fixed my rear seat but inadvertently broke the stow-n-go function on the driver's seat and also the memory seat & external mirror function (1/2 buttons on the door) didn't work and I had to return a second time. I haven't had anything serious go out with my Pacifica so Kathy and I are very happy at 3600 miles.
echo1877 likes this.

Brett

Last edited by BrettP; 10-01-2016 at 05:17 PM.
post #8 of 94 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 09:22 PM

I wish they will do a powered 2nd row stow or to move so people can go to the 3rd row, i will use that more than the stow of the 3rd row.
post #9 of 94 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 10:36 AM

Can you still have the put the seats in tailgate mode on the new van>?
post #10 of 94 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcreeker View Post
Can you still have the put the seats in tailgate mode on the new van>?
No, unfortunately, there is no tailgate mode for the 3rd row in the Pacifica.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in