What else do you lose when you go 8 pax? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
generaltso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,884
What else do you lose when you go 8 pax?

I'm looking at getting a Limited with the 8 passenger option. I know I'll lose the sunroof and gain 20" wheels with that option, but I don't really care about those. What else will I lose by going to 8 pax? From what I can tell in pictures, it looks like the inboard armrests on the 2nd row bucket seats are gone? Is that correct? Anything else lost?
generaltso is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 04:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 60
I believe that is all you "lose".

Correct - no inboard seat armrests because the center seat folds down for "arm rest", cup holder, etc.

But now that you have brought up something I am also considering, I'd like an idea as to the width/comfort of the second row stow-wn-go seats in 7 PAX and 8 PAX trim.

In a previous thread it was determined that two toddler car seats in the stow-n-go seats would have to be 18"or less for a thin person to fit in the middle seat.

Pete

Last edited by ptoemmes; 08-09-2016 at 04:41 PM.
ptoemmes is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Member
 
Cthrewu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 31
Just throwing it out there but I love the ability to pass through to the third row easily with the doors closed on the 7 seat configuration. That and with the tri-pane roof it feels very open inside the vehicle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (146.3 KB, 104 views)

2017 Pacifica Limited Granite/Black/Mocha
Tow, Vac, Advanced SafetyTec Group, Keysense
20 Speaker HK Uconnect Theater, 20" Wheels
Cthrewu is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 07:08 PM
Senior Member
 
ezdays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthrewu View Post
Just throwing it out there but I love the ability to pass through to the third row easily with the doors closed on the 7 seat configuration. That and with the tri-pane roof it feels very open inside the vehicle.
They tried to get us to buy the 8-seat configuration when they knew we only wanted 7. You can remove the center second-row middle seat, but you not only lose the armrests, you wind up with grab bars that stand proud of the floor when the seat is taken out.
ezdays is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Humble, TX
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthrewu View Post
Just throwing it out there but I love the ability to pass through to the third row easily with the doors closed on the 7 seat configuration. That and with the tri-pane roof it feels very open inside the vehicle.
I see you have on carseat installed in that picture.

We have a 7 passenger with a rear-facing convertible carseat and an infant seat (base + infant carrier) installed now. It's pretty easy to get to the third row on the side of the infant seat by either tilting the seat forward prior to attaching the carrier to the base or by pushing the button to move the front seat forward to give you enough room to crawl in the middle.

Getting around the rear-facing is more of a pain. But at 20 months apart, we likely won't have both in rear-facing convertible seats for any significant length of time.
Dewey is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Member
 
Cthrewu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdays View Post
They tried to get us to buy the 8-seat configuration when they knew we only wanted 7. You can remove the center second-row middle seat, but you not only lose the armrests, you wind up with grab bars that stand proud of the floor when the seat is taken out.
Yeah didn't care for the 8 seat configuration personally, the drawbacks you mention plus we just wanted the quad captain chairs for when it's just us adults riding in the van.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
I see you have on carseat installed in that picture.

We have a 7 passenger with a rear-facing convertible carseat and an infant seat (base + infant carrier) installed now. It's pretty easy to get to the third row on the side of the infant seat by either tilting the seat forward prior to attaching the carrier to the base or by pushing the button to move the front seat forward to give you enough room to crawl in the middle.

Getting around the rear-facing is more of a pain. But at 20 months apart, we likely won't have both in rear-facing convertible seats for any significant length of time.
No issues getting around the car seat we have forward facing right now. Still allows the seat to tilt forward easily, I just made the point with my wife when we were looking before we purchased that she or I could easily close both sliding doors and have room to stoop or kneel beside the car seat to put our little one in if it was raining outside.

2017 Pacifica Limited Granite/Black/Mocha
Tow, Vac, Advanced SafetyTec Group, Keysense
20 Speaker HK Uconnect Theater, 20" Wheels
Cthrewu is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 10:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Tsuter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 227
Does the roof have a solid shade that can be slid in place of you want to block out the sunroof? Reason I ask is back when we were looking for our first family vehicle we were looking at q7s and a lot of them had the glass roof but no solid sunshade. In the summer, I couldn't get enough AC to get the top 10" of the cabin cool. We ended up with one without the glass roof and it worked out great. Didn't miss it one bit.
Tsuter is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 11:02 PM
Senior Member
 
BrettP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,014
Tsuter - Yes, the Pacifca sunroof does come with a separately powered solid sunshade.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
Oil: Five quarts
BrettP is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 24
I have an old 7 seat Grand Caravan that has a short two person bench seat in the second row that leaves a very large opening to the 3rd row nearest the passenger side sliding door. Even though that configuration makes access to the third row a breeze (the kids don't have to go halfway into the van and take a ninety degree turn between seats) and leaves a nice large space near the passenger side sliding door to put bags, a cooler on long trips, etc., no vans seem to offer that anymore.

I just ordered an 8 passenger Pacifica and during general use, will keep up the second row seat behind the driver plus the center seat (approximating the short bench seat from my old Grand Caravan) and will stow-and-go the second row seat on the passenger side, making access to the third row and extra storage space ideal again. Then when an adult wants to sit in the second row or I need 8 seats, I'll just pop up the other second row seat.

I'm happy.
Crouch is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 08:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crouch View Post
I have an old 7 seat Grand Caravan that has a short two person bench seat in the second row that leaves a very large opening to the 3rd row nearest the passenger side sliding door. Even though that configuration makes access to the third row a breeze (the kids don't have to go halfway into the van and take a ninety degree turn between seats) and leaves a nice large space near the passenger side sliding door to put bags, a cooler on long trips, etc., no vans seem to offer that anymore.

I just ordered an 8 passenger Pacifica and during general use, will keep up the second row seat behind the driver plus the center seat (approximating the short bench seat from my old Grand Caravan) and will stow-and-go the second row seat on the passenger side, making access to the third row and extra storage space ideal again. Then when an adult wants to sit in the second row or I need 8 seats, I'll just pop up the other second row seat.

I'm happy.
That is a pretty good idea. I had not thought of using the 8 seater in the 7 seat configuration you mentioned.
cue003 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why Chrysler made the Pacifica Hybrid joet67 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica PHEV Hybrid General Discussion 1 01-29-2016 09:55 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome