Would spare tire fit in Stow-N-Go well? - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 11:23 PM

Maybe there is a zippered bag where you can simply put the spare in the cargo area. Or if you have a roof box the. It can surely go there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Thunder View Post
I tried this very thing. It lays down in the well, but the floor board won't fold flat on top of it. It looks like the rim is about a half inch too deep. I'm pretty sure I flipped it and tried it laying both ways. Also, I only tried it on the driver's side.

We're still going to order one and put it in the well during trips, but the floor won't be flat over it.
Thanks for trying this. It's a bummer that it doesn't fit cleanly, but it sounds like it would be manageable in a pinch. I wish they had just put the spare tire on the opposite side of the vacuum.
post #13 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Thanks for trying this. It's a bummer that it doesn't fit cleanly, but it sounds like it would be manageable in a pinch. I wish they had just put the spare tire on the opposite side of the vacuum.
Or make run-flat tires std with the vacuum option

post #14 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 05:49 PM

Why not carry a bottle of "Slime" and use the inflator that comes with the no-spare-models
post #15 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 06:35 PM

The no spare folks actually do get an inflator that includes tire sealant. Mine has it at least.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
post #16 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 07:43 PM

I didn't get a spare tire with my Pacifca but I did get this neat inflator. The knob at the top left switches to "slime mode".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (213.9 KB, 104 views)
White Mocha likes this.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels

Last edited by BrettP; 08-11-2016 at 07:46 PM.
post #17 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

That slime is better than nothing, but still not a substitute for a spare tire. It will only work for small leaks and will likely destroy the TPMS sensor.
post #18 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 12:27 PM

I heard that slime can harden in your tire and make it unbalanced if you drive for too long and I think driving on an unbalanced wheel can create further problems. It's one of the reasons why I preferred those patch kits, doesn't take long to patch and the kit is small enough that it fits in your glove box.

- 2010 300C SRT8
- 2017 Chrylser Pacifica (late 2016 delivery)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 09:24 AM

I bought my Ltd off the lot, so had no choice of specs. I doubt if I will ever use the vacuum, but I would really feel safer with a spare tire. So I was thinking of removing the vacuum and installing the Mopar spare into the space. May eventually need to buy the correct rear panel (Mopar # 5RK06PD2AC).

Any comments?

Tony
post #20 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redltd View Post
I was thinking of removing the vacuum and installing the Mopar spare into the space. May eventually need to buy the correct rear panel (Mopar # 5RK06PD2AC)
I just bought the inflatable spare tire kit (even though I don't have the van yet). It looks like it comes with everything you would need except the rear panel. For the tire kit and the rear panel, you're probably looking at around $400.

I do want to keep the vac, so I'm hoping I find a good spot to put the spare. If the Stow-N-Go well is the best place, I'll probably just end up taking it with me on longer trips.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page